She was the first to close her eyes; I did the same a few seconds later. I licked my lips and tried to lean forward a little more. I heard a loud thud and my eyes flashed open, my mother was leaning on the door frame with a worried look on her face.  ‘Dylan, sweetie, who on earth are you talkin’ to?’ I looked at Rose, she was giggling-I bet she enjoyed these moments my mother and I had.

‘No one, I was just practicing something for…Drama’ I answered, a complete lie. I don’t think I’ll ever pursue a career in acting; it’s just like being a professional liar.

‘You don’t like drama…’ Mum stated, Wow, she’s good. ‘I’m takin’ you to the hospital to see the therapist…maybe she can help you’

‘Mom, I’m not mad!’ I snapped, receiving a glare from Rose. ‘I was just singing a song’

‘Then where’s your guitar?’ Mum questioned. ‘You never sing without it in your hand’

She got me. ‘It’s over there,’ I paused to point at my guitar in the corner of the room, I forgot to mention that I played the guitar-it was a strange passion that I had, I don’t plan on becoming a successful singer either, I just do it as a personal hobby. ‘I wanted to sing the song before I started to play; I’m not going crazy Mom-honest’

Mom sighed and sat on the bed next to me, fixing my hair up a little. ‘I’m sorry darlin’, I just a bit paranoid after what happened with Allison-can’t believe she never told me…’

I scoffed. ‘That’s because you’ll probably take the kids hostage and murder the parents’

Mum chuckled. ‘I’d do anythin’ to protect you kids-because no one touches my babies’ and with that she kissed me on the temple of my head before strolling out of the room, closing the door behind her.

‘I love mother, she’s so funny-not to mention pretty’ Rose commented, walking over to my guitar. ‘You never told me that you played’

‘I didn’t think you’d be interested’ I replied, standing up and moving to stand next to her.

‘Course I’d be interested, Dylan-I love a guy who plays’ Rose smirked. ‘Shows that he has some sort of a romantic side’

I raised my eyes in anticipation, I quickly picked up the guitar and strummed a note before humming.

Rose looked at me expectantly. ‘Is that it?’ I chuckled and shook my head. ‘That’s just the start…’ Rose made an ‘oh’ sound and waited for me to continue and when I did her face lit up again. I didn’t bother singing, I just kept on playing and watching her face change-in a good way-I didn’t think she noticed because she was too busy watching my fingers strum the guitar. Her facial expressions were pretty amusing so I ended up stopping to laugh.

‘What’s so funny?’ Rose asked, as she blushed.

‘Nothing, it’s your face, you look so cute’ I smirked, putting my guitar down and leaning it on the book shelf for support. Rose’s cheek went red-a rosy red-I laughed and opened my bedroom door and headed to the bathroom. I planned on having a shower and meeting Kevin at the bowling alley.

…..

‘Dylan, Kevin’s at the door’ Allison announced from her seat on the sofa. She was happily munching on a pack of potato chips. ‘Much to my dismay’ she added under her breathe.

‘Are you alright, now?’ I asked her in a murmur. ‘I mean, are you feeling better?’

Allison shot me a glare before muttering. ‘Yeah, I’m fine-I have you and Mom standing by me, right?’