Chapter 3- The Ghost

Depuis le début

'Medical stuff isn't for him.. He wouldn't be paying a stranger's bills. So it's a family member or possibly close friend?'

It's kinda weird how he wouldn't mention something like that earlier. At work, he's been pretty friendly and open about talking about himself. He made friends with almost everybody. I suddenly realized I shouldn't be prying into all of his personal business, mentally slapping myself and stuffing another bite of my sandwich into my mouth.

It scared me when another figure appears in the edges of my vision. Up ahead, there's two halls. One to the left, that leads to what I can peek into as the kitchen. In the hall to the right, a slim and tall skeleton is leaning all his weight against the wall. His dull eyes scan over the both of us before slowly going back to Blue.

I understand why I was so spooked. His lethargic and very pale figure could pass him off as a ghost. Sans noticed how long I was staring in that direction and tilts his head, "Y/N?"

"I-I think.." My voice comes out in a low whisper or whine. Embarrassed, I clear my throat and point, "I think he needs you." "Hm?!" Blueberry turns and finally spots the visitor, standing abruptly. His pupils shrink and he rushes over, "Papy! You shouldn't be out of bed."

A hoarse mummer came from the other skeleton, "Sorry, bro... Got dizzy and threw up again." He runs out of breath quickly, coughing and sliding a few inches further down the wall. I already feel so sorry for them both.

"It's o-okay brother! You couldn't h-h-help it. I'll handle it, you need to sit down!" Blue sounds very anxious, rushing forward and assisting his brother to stand up on his own. The taller looks to me, stating, "I didn't know you were having guests. I would've dressed...more appropriately for the occasion.."

Trying to relieve the tension, I wave my hand in front of me, "It's not a big deal, really. I just told your brother that. There's nothing wrong with pajama parties. However, I'm sorry for the rather unexpected visit. I didn't mean to disturb you."

He answers in no time at all, gaining a small smile, "N-No..! This is good... I don't leave the house very often.. Seeing that my bro made a friend is very heartwarming. You can plan as..many visits as you want.."

'Aw, he's very sweet. It's so heartbreaking that he's not doing well. I would've loved to meet him in better circumstances.'

"Come on, brother! Let's get you to the couch so you can relax with Y/N for a little while." Blue says quickly. In the next few minutes, I could see how much of a slow and straining process it was for Sans' brother. He had to lean on Blueberry most of the time for strength, and apologized constantly for it. Blue was very caring and patient with him, not rushing or criticizing him at all.

They got to the couch and the frail brother's breathing was heavy. He's already exhausted. Blue spoke to me now, looking at the ground as he mumbles, "I apologize Miss L/N, but I have to go clean up. I-It'll only take a moment, so would you mind watching o-o-over my older brother? I'd really h-hate to leave him alone." "It's no problem at all!" I reply, smiling to reassure him.

Blue left the room and rushed down the hall. I give his brother a minute to breathe before introducing myself, "By the way, I'm Y/N L/N. I'm Sans' coworker from the grocery store. He's a very pleasant person to work with, now I finally see with my own eyes who he gets it from~" "Heh.. I may have helped raise him, but he got that perfect personality and cheer to meet people all on his own........ My name's Papyrus, but you can call me by any of my nicknames.. I'm sure my brother must've told you by now."

I pause before answering, "Actually, Blueberry never mentioned having a brother at all. I'm quite surprised. He seems to care for you a whole lot." Papyrus looks a bit shocked by this discovery too. Awkward, he glances off to the side and avoids the topic, "Oh.. Well then.. Honey, Stretch, and Carrot are the top three. Unless you'd like something more accurate.. In that case, Bonehead and Lazybones are two very popular choices."

I giggle, having to stop myself from laughing, "The first three are just fine. It's nice to meet you, Papyrus." "Same to you, Y/N. It's a big relief to see ya here... My brother never mentioned having any friends. I can't follow him outside so I'm glad to see he has someone looking out for him-" Honey suddenly grabs at his chest, hissing in pain and breaking out into a coughing fit.

Worried, I sit up and lean towards him, "Are you okay? Do I need to get Blueberry?" He quickly gets it under control, responding in a tired tone, "I'm fine. It just happens sometimes.."

Not sure what to say next, I stay silent and look around the room. That's when I spotted the bag of sandwiches from earlier. I take a deep breath and grab one. Fortunately, they're still warm. "Hey Honey, I brought breakfast sandwiches earlier. Want one?"

Papyrus smiles, "That sounds delicious. Thanks.." He grabs the sandwich, unwrapping it and taking a few small bites. He covers his mouth with his hand, wide-eyed.

"What is it-" I suddenly gasp, "Oh geez- PLEASE don't tell me you have an allergy!" "This has egg, doesn't it? Oh god." He mumbles, staring at it for the longest time in shock.

'OH NO- GOD I MESSED UP! TWO MINUTES AND I'M GONNA END UP KILLING BLUE'S BROTHER!!!'

He quickly swallows his food and points to it dramatically, "THIS... is really good..! Oh and is that some PAPRIKA? Y/N, you just have to try this- Interesting what they put in food these days~" The act stops and he can't hold a straight face anymore, seeing me in absolute panic. Once I realized it was a whole overreacted joke, silence and worry ceased to exist as we both just died laughed at each other.

'He's a comedian. Amazing- just about gave me a heart attack, but still amazing.'

.
.
Writer~San: That's the end of the intro chapters! As usual with all of my books, I'll try to update every 1-3 days. Of course, sometimes things happen or get planned unexpectedly and I have to take breaks. Thank you so much for reading this far. If you want to, go ahead and comment what you think! >w< Enjoy the rest of your day!