Chapter 14 Second Time Around

Mulai dari awal

Again, that was very unlike a mini-foodie like Eun Ae.

Concerned but left with no other ingenious ideas, Ye Jin decided to give their children some space for the rest of their journey home. Truly, the silence was disconcerting, but what could she do when she knew that they were very much affected by Hyun Bin's imminent departure?

Back home, Ki Rai's wails were only growing more urgent. No matter what Hyun Bin did to calm their baby down, her tears showed no signs of subsiding any time soon. The man was immensely worried that Ki Rai would cry herself sick at this rate.

The sight of her husband shaking Ki Rai's teddy bear in front of her face was the sight that welcomed the rest of the family.

"Ki Rai, look who's home!" Hyun Bin attempted to divert Ki Rai's attention to Ye Jin.

With her lips trembling from her tears, Ki Rai closed her eyes momentarily as she gulped hard before she wailed loudly again. It was clear their baby couldn't care less about who came home. All she wanted was for her father to stay at home.

"Oh, princess

"Oh, princess. It's okay. Appa's here." Hyun Bin whispered against Ki Rai's ear again, bouncing her in his arms.

That was true. Her father was here...but he wouldn't be for long. That thought only drew a fresh bout of tears from Ki Rai. At this point, Ki Rai was inconsolable.

"What happened, honey?" Ye Jin sat down next to them on the couch, after reminding their eldest two to wash up and do their homework.

Ye Jin's eyebrows were knitted tightly with worry as she ran her fingers gently through Ki Rai's hair. After all, neither of them liked seeing their child this upset.

Meanwhile, Jeong Eun and Eun Ae had quietly slipped into the common area to do their homework, ignoring their little sister's cries because they were equally upset. On any other day, they would be hugging Ki Rai now, but it was difficult to be emotionally generous when one was barely holding it in.

If Ye Jin found it odd, she chose to keep quiet. Instead, she suggested taking Ki Rai out to their garden for some fresh air.

With Ki Rai and Hyun Bin in the garden, the house was quiet once again as Ye Jin watched their eldest two from the couch. Now, Eun Ae and Jeong Eun were usually rather quiet when they were focused on their work, but that wasn't what worried Ye Jin.

It was how forlorn they looked that worried her.

For starters, Jeong Eun was splayed across the table with his homework in front of him as though he was utterly exhausted from his day.