19. Picture Perfect | Act 5

Kazuha eyes widened at the Devil's words. 'Beyond his limit of life?' Does he means... For... Eternity? Does he means... That he can live... For eternity? The very thing the Shogun has been pursuing?

"Kazuha... You're aware... Aren't you?" [M/N] said, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Humans are fragile... Sooner or later... They'll die... But-"

"I'm here, aren't I? I'm here right in front of you, aren't I? I'm not going to die that easily, [M/N]." Kazuha cut him off as he's trying to assured his beloved that he's not leaving soon.

"Kazuha..." [M/N] started, he then lowered his head, making a shadow loomed over his eyes.

"I never got to tell you this... But..."

"Kazuha... Your lifespan... You will run out of time... Within a year..." [M/N] suddenly announced, shocking everyone.

Kazuha eyes widened at the Devil's words... Surely... Surely he didn't meant it... Right? It's... Just a joke... Right...?

"[M/N]... This... This is not funny... I-"

"I'm not joking, Kazuha... Within a year... You're going to die..."

"But... Like I said... In this fictional world... You could life beyond your limit of life! You could life! With me..." [M/N] told him happily with a soft smile on his lips, though he mumbled the last sentences.

Without warning, [M/N] teleported him and Kazuha near the edge of the cliff. With Kazuha clinging to [M/N] for dear life.

"This world will be finished soon. So don't try anything stupid."

"Just leave things as they are." [M/N] stated with a threatening tone before teleporting somewhere with Kazuha.

----------

The rest went down like hell.

1. Rescuing Kazuha from the prison cell he put him in, that's located inside the tower.

2. Trying to reason with the Devil, but failed miserably.

In the end, they ended up fighting [M/N], which of course... Didn't end well for them.

That is...

If they didn't have a backup plan.

Rosaliya had decided to join their side and stated that there's a door that connects this world from the real one.

"Well the location is constantly changing. It tends to be in a place where the main characters are unable to reach.... It's that sort of thing..."

"This time the location is..."

"Celestia."

"This is a reflection of your emotions, is it not?"

"The Devil of Flames?"

----------

In the end, Kazuha managed to pin his lover down by his wrists, [M/N] turns his head to the side. Not wanting to look at his beloved.

In the other hand, Kazuha is still trying to reason with him.

"SO WHAT IF I'M NOT GONNA LIVE MUCH LONGER?!" Kazuha yelled in frustration as he griped [M/N]'s wrist tighter.

"I..."

"I WAS GONNA MAKE A NEW PIECE NEXT YEAR! AND I WILL STILL GO ON WITH MY JOURNEY, I WANNA SEE ALL OF TEYVAT AND THEIR TRUE HISTORY AND CULTURE! I WANNA WEAR A SNOW WHITE SUIT WHEN I GET MARRIED!"

Kazuha listed on all of the things he wanted to do in his life, he felt his heart ache at every word he said as his grip on [M/N]'s wrist tighten with every word he said.

[M/N] then felt something wet drip on his cheek, finally turning his head he looking up towards Kazuha, his eyes widened as he saw tears falling from his beloved eyes.

[M/N]'s heart aches at the sight, he doesn't like it. He doesn't like seeing his beloved being sad... Or suffering... He doesn't want Kazuha to suffer... So why?... Why is he denying his help? He's doing all of this for his sake... With this fake world... He can live... So... Why..?

"I DON'T WANNA STAY HERE FOREVER! I WANT TO LIVE MY LIFE AS BEST AS I CAN!!"

Kazuha's grip starts to loosen up around [M/N]'s wrists, then with a shaky voice he asked [M/N] a question.

"Not for my sake... But tell me what you wanna do... Do you just want me to stay here and never leave this place?!"

Kazuha's voice raised at the end, scaring [M/N] by the sudden question and the tone he used.

With widened eyes, [M/N] grabbed on Kazuha's shoulders and sits up, yelling. "That's not it!"

[M/N] looks down on his lap, not wanting to make eye contact with him, before explaining his reason.

"It's not like I want you to stay here.. You're the same as me... Without a future..." He started with a quiet voice as if he's talking to a child.

"Kazuha, you're... Idealistic, easy to mess with, and can be stupidly clumsy sometimes..."

"I knew about your lifespan from the very start. I mean... I'm a Devil after all..."

"I never cared who died... Really I didn't... I didn't..." [M/N] stated... But it sounded more like he's trying to convince himself...

"I thought that I didn't..." [M/N] finally admits it as his voice starts to shake, he then puts his head on Kazuha's chest trying to calm himself down.

"I..."

"I want..."

"You to keep on living..."

This time, Kazuha looked down at him with sadness, [M/N] wanted him to keep living.

Suddenly out of nowhere, Kazuha grabed [M/N]'s hand and hold it with both of his, making the Devil look up towards him in confusion.

Even with the dim moonlighting, he can clearly see the gloss on the Devil's eyes, he can clearly see that he was holding his tears.

"Never stop searching, even for a brief flash of light, even for a brief flash of happiness, it's those small flashes of happiness that makes the percent moment so valuable!" Kazuha declared with a soft smile on his lips.

"Because you'll only life once, it is a once-in-a-live-time moment!"

As Kazuha finish his speech, tears that [M/N] have been holding starts falling down his cheeks.

Never in his life would Kazuha thought that he will see his beloved Devil crying.

"I want to keep on living in the real world! Next year, the year after... For the next ninety years!" Kazuha declared to the Devil, before bringing [M/N]'s hand that he's been holding and bring it to his forehead.

"Dear, Devil... Would you please grant me my wish?" He wishes to the Devil.

[M/N] look at Kazuha with widened eyes, shocked at what he's doing.

The samurai... Is praying to a Devil...

A human... A human is praying to a Devil.

Praying to a Devil...

Is something the mortals would call bringing an ill omen towards yourself and the people around you.

Yet here he is... Praying to a Devil... To extend his lifespan.

[M/N] chuckles at his lover's behavior. "You know is hard for me to say no if you ask like that..."

"It can't be help then..." The Devil closed his eyes and let out a sight, before bending down a little and kissed the Samurai, catching him by surprise.

The kiss was quick but was soft and passionate.

Opening his eyes back, [M/N] softly smiled at his lover as more tears falls from his eyes.

"Alright... If that's your wish... I'll grant it."

Word Count : 1208 Words