18. Picture Perfect | Act 4

Their running out of time...

Their memories are slowly sifting.

How long has it been since they've entered this world?

......

They can't remember...

........

They can't remember... Anymore...

It's been far to long...

To the point where.... Kazuha's starting to forget...

What he looks like...

What '[M/N]' truly looks like...

To the point where Tarveler... Is starting to forget...

What their sibling looks like...

They need to find a way out of this place and fast.

----------

"Hey, where are we going again?" [M/N] asked, curious onto where the trio is leading him to.

Ever since this morning, Kazuha, Traveler, and Paimon had been acting strange and now they're leading him somewhere? In [M/N]'s book that's a red flag.

"We've been walking for hours, where exactly are we going to?"

"Just relax, [M/N]!"

Despite that, [M/N] still feels uneasy about on what they have in store for him.

After a few more hours of walking, they manage to arrive at their destination and the night has fallen, the pitch black sky is decorated by the stars in the sky.

Upon further notice, [M/N] realized that they're on Starsnach Cliff.

"The stars are more visible here..." [M/N] mumbled as he look at the stars in awe.

"We heard that there will be a meteor shower tonight, so we thought to bring you here to Starsnach Cliff for a better view!" Kazuha explained.

The four of them stargaze as they're wait for the meteor shower to start, pointing out constellation and telling stories about them.

"I wonder what that one is..." Kazuha said as he pointed towards a specific constellation.

The three of them look at the constellation Kazuha pointed, examining it.

"It's Scorpio."

The three of them look behind them and saw [M/N] standing behind them with both of his arma crossed as he look up at the constellation with a soft smile on his face.

He then pointed to the constellation and start explaining it. "You saw that red star right in middle, right?"

"That's a first magnitude star, the brightest in Scorpio. The red giant antares. It's bright, right? Do you see it."

The three of them look up towards the constellation looking for the bright star that [M/N] said.

"Yeah." Paimon mumbled.

"It's really bright." Kazuha comments.

"It's actually a binary star. But it's light is so strong you can't see it's twin through this telescope." [M/N] continue explaining.

"The light from antares is more than a hundred times brighter than our own sun's."

"It's that bright?"

"Yup! It's really far away, so we don't notice it as much as the sun. But it's actually an extremely bright star. Of course, what we're seeing now is it's light from over six hundreds years ago...."

"Red giant's burn up pretty quickly, so it's possible that the real antares stopped existing a long time ago..."

"We can see it but it's dead... Now that I think about it..."

"It kinda sounds like a ghost, huh?" [M/N] said as he look down at them with a closed eye smile.

"Yeah..."

"[M/N]....." Kazuha started, earning everyone's attention, a shadow looming over his face.

He look up towards him with the look of determination on his face, he then asked him something [M/N] never thought he'll asked.

"[M/N]... Did you know? Did you know about everything that's been going on in here?" Kazuha asked, his tone changing drastically into a threatening one.

"What are you saying, Kazuha?" [M/N] asked back, confused on to what his beloved had asked him.

"We've went into the tower and meet a Devil... And she said..."

"If we want to go back to our world we have to kill you."

Traveler and Paimon was surprise at the samurai's straightforwardness as he stated that with no hesitation what so ever and with a completely straight face too!

Meanwhile...

[M/N] look at him with a blank face, he then slowly lowered his head as his face darkens. He let out a sigh, disappointed in something.

"The longer you stay in this world, the more real memories you lose..."

The trio look at the male shocked, they could not believe what they just heard, did you... Did you just... Openly admits it..?

[M/N] then look back up at them, this time with emptiness in his eyes. "What a shame..." He stated as small flames circled around him before turning bigger and engulfing him in it.

As the flames died down...

It reveals [M/N]... This time...

He's back with his normal attire and back like how he used to be, a Devil.

The trio look at the Devil in surprise, especially Kazuha. His beloved Devil is back after all.

[M/N] however, turned his back on them, not wanting to look at them in the face.

"Why didn't you reveal yourself now? The three of us have no idea what's going on! It was seriously really tough!" Paimon stated.

"But you're here all along! So we'll be able to get out of here easily!"

Kazuha meanwhile, had notice on the fact that the Devil has been quite from the start and decided to addressed it.

"Hey, [M/N]? Why aren't you saying anything..?" He asked as he look at his lover skeptically.

"[M/N]!"

"....'Why?'" The Devil finally spoke up, his back still facing them, but Kazuha can tell by the sound of their voice... That [M/N] is devastated... But... By what?

"I should be asking you that, Kazuha."

"Why are you acting like this world is such a bad place?" [M/N] asked as he turns around finally facing them, instead of seeing him with his usual grin.

They were meet by a blank face with empty and darkened eyes.

"H-huh...?"

Seeing their confused faces and reactions, [M/N] decided to explain it all.

"Have you honestly not realized by now?" [M/N] began to explain.

"This fictional world is removed from reality."

"With the power of Rosaliya's paintbrush, day can become night. we can see the stars even in a bright night, meteors too, whenever we want..."

"Even life and death... Are free from the confines of reality... All of this because of her..."

He then walk towards Kazuha, grabbing his hand, [M/N] holds it with both of his, before smiling softly towards his lover.

"If it's within this fictional world... It's possible for you to live beyond the limit of your life." [M/N] announce happily with a smile on his lips.

Word Count : 1097 Words