5. A Bittersweet Reunion

[M/N] POV

A few weeks have pass since I told them to searched a way on how to leave the Underworld.

I'm currently looking through the window of my office, in deep thoughts.

'I haven't gotten any report... Are they lost? Or maybe-' My thoughts are cut short by a knock on my office door.

"My Lord!"

I turn around and found Rieta entering my office.

"What is it, Rieta?"

"The Traveler and Paimon, have entered the Forbidden Forest and they haven't come back since then!"

'You have got to be kidding me..'

"Should we-"

"No need, I'll found them myself."

"B-but, My Lor-" She tried to argue with my decision.

"That's an order."

"...Yes.. My Lord.."

'Forbidden Forest? Really? That place is like a maze!'

I make my way outside of the castle, then fly to the Forbidden Forest.

'The trees in there are tall, I won't be able to fly in there.'

Once I made it, I start walking through the foreat. 'Hopefully I remembered my way here.'

After hours of walking, I heard a loud scream. I run towards where the scream came from, and found the Traveler fighting against, flame wolfs.

I created a spear made out of light and throw it to one of the wolfs.

Killing it in an instant.

They seem shocked at the sudden attack.

"I told you earlier that 'you'll probably won't make it here'. This is what I meant."

"Sir Devil!"

I sent another spear towards them, making them fled the scene.

"Paimom, Traveler. You better have a good explanation for going into the Forbidden Forest, it's called the Forbidden Forest for a reason!" I growled.

"Y-yup! We h-have! We found a way to destroy the seal! Now follow us, old man!" Paimon said as both of them start to leading me further into the forest.

"I'm not old!!"

Traveler then pulled out a scroll and lead me inside of a cave, which I'm skeptical about.

"Why did you lead me here?" I asked them.

"According to the scroll, this is where the seal was placed." Traveler answered.

"And? What do you want me to do?"

"Here." Traveler handed me a gray stone.