Chapter 25: Soul mate

There was a friendly atmosphere at Gen and Bella's place. They joked, they talked, they reminisced, they fought, and they made up. They looked like a family. The kings started to get along as well. Not like they had any other option since they were sharing a room. They expected Gen's birthday month to kickstart with a bang, but the birthday girl wasn't even home when they woke up.

"Where did Vee go?" Lucius questioned Bella.

"She said she's going to meet a friend at a café nearby. Don't worry she'll be back soon." Bella consoled.

The kings just sat there waiting for Gen to arrive. Meanwhile, Markus found something buried in the sofa, and pulled it out.

"Oh, this looks like Gen's diary." He revealed, and then everyone hounded over the diary.

"I don't think we should read it." Damien spoke, and Tristan agreed. They were the more mature ones who would always preach to 'do-the-right-thing'.

"There is no harm in reading a few pages." Markus suggested, the naughty one, and Lucius joined in.

"Oh, my Goddess, she writes about us!" Lucius exclaimed, and Damien and Tristan joined in as well.

"Wait, let me read first, I'm the oldest." Tristan tried to snatch the diary and tried to boss around.

"Hey, you didn't even want to read it in the first place." Markus spoke offendedly.

"Wait, wait, wait." Lucius uttered. "WHO THE FUCK IS DARIUS?"

"Are you sure it isn't Damien?" Damien tried to verify and asked calmly.

"Shut up, read it for yourself." Lucius was furious just thinking about the Darius guy.

Damien verified and scanned the diary to find the name at multiple places. The name caused every king to wonder and made them fume. There were already four kings who had the same mate, and now they had a fifth person trying to compete.

Lucius began calling Gen like a mad man and became infuriated when she wouldn't pick up.

"What do we do now? Evie clearly likes him!" Damien was worried. Really worried.

"Relax. I'm sure she knows that she is our mate, right? One of us broke it down for her, right?" Tristan pointed out and looked at the other kings to seek confirmation. But the kings in turn looked at each other in hopes, but all of them ended up disappointed.

"She has no clue that she is our mate?" Lucius questioned in a horrified tone, because if that was true, then they were all in trouble. When all the kings stood blankly, the real debate ensued.

"You were first Markus! It was your job!" Damien accused.

"I know, but I had really less time. It wasn't enough!" Markus defended. A lot happened in the little time that Gen was there, along with his initial confusion about who his mate was. "Lucius, you were next! Why didn't you tell her?"

"She and I started off on the wrong foot! There were problems in my kingdom. We were too busy with the other stuff that I never had time!" Lucius revealed.

"I barely got to spend time with her due to my injury. But I thought she knew." Damien disclosed, and also felt all his dreams shatter.

"We're in a mess. We need to tell her anyhow. What should we do?" Markus began to panic.

"It isn't too late. We just need to find her and tell her everything." Tristan consoled and then they came up with a plan.

"What if Gen is with this Darius right now?" Lucius voiced out, and they all felt a surge of jealousy and insecurity.

At the same time Bella entered the room and questioned, "I have to go to my new apartment to get done with some paper work and make some payments. What is wrong with all of you? Why are you so upset?"

Tristan ran his mind and came up with an idea, "Bella, can you drop us at the café where Eve is right now?"

"Sure." Bella agreed and dropped them all off. The kings were distressed since they didn't know how Gen would react. They had to approach this topic very carefully, otherwise things could go downhill really quick. There were a lot of things which could go wrong since their situation was extremely rare, but the kings were going to give it their all.

They let out a sigh of relief when they saw Gen sitting alone in the café. She was busy on her phone, so she didn't notice when the kings entered. The kings pulled some seats and that is when Gen directed her attention to them.

"Hey, what are you all doing here?" Gen was surprised to see them.

The kings looked at each other, trying to come up with an answer, and then Damien spoke, "We were bored at home, so we thought we'd come here."

Gen wasn't really convinced but went along. "This place is great; I love the ambience. You should try the coffee here."

"Who are you meeting today?" Lucius inquired out of jealousy.

"Why don't you wait and see?" Gen gave a vague answer, and the kings began to grow impatient.

"Do you believe in soul mates?" Tristan questioned out of the blue.

Gen was caught off guard since she didn't expect him to ask such a questioned. But she answered, "Yes, I do. I believe that we all have someone out there who is destined for us. Someone who loves us when we're not so lovable, someone who understands us and brings out the best in us." A small smile crept up her face as she uttered the words and that brought a smile to the king's faces as well. This was a positive sign for the kings, and they became hopeful.

"All werewolves have soul mates who we call 'mate' in short. Our mate is like a part of us, and we have a deep connection with them. Our mate is like our purpose, our guiding light, our savior. We cherish our mate like anything." Markus revealed.

"Our mate is the queen, so she is not only important for us, but also for our kingdom. She brings everyone together and is like a mother-figure. She is the most important figure in our kingdom, even above us." Lucius tried to give some subtle hints to Gen by using 'our' and 'us'.

'Good luck to your queen.' Gen thought internally because she couldn't fathom how anyone could tolerate any of the kings. "Well, I hope you and your kingdoms find your respective queens very soon." Gen spoke, which showed that she hadn't caught up to Lucius' hint.

The kings had to stop beating around the bush, and Tristan decided that it was time. "Eve, we have to tell you something."

Gen was a little worried when she heard the line, but then her attention was diverted to someone else. Before the kings could say anything, Gen stood up and rushed up to someone. When the kings turned around, they saw Gen in the arms of a man.

"Since we were on the topic today. Kings, meet my soul mate..."

Author's Note:

Hey! Thank you all for the love. I'm sorry I haven't been able to keep up with the updates. This ending may seem vague and there may be some plot holes, but please trust me and support me. I am trying to get done with the rough draft and then I'll review it to fix any errors. Lots of love xoxo