46. Jungkook's Heartfelt Apology

Start from the beginning

Silence.

A pin drop silence.

With the embrace of silence, he takes her hand to make her stand in front of the bed.

"Sit."

His low magnetic voice enters her ears.

And like an obedient child, she perches on the bed but the next moment, a silent gasp leaves her mouth when she sees Jungkook kneeling in front of her.
She is about to stand but the hand on her left thigh cages her, making her unable to move a muscle.

At this instant, she meets his eyes which are full of inexplicable emotions. "Jungkook, why are you sitting like this?"

"I am sorry, Lisa."

"Why-"

"Let me say what I must say. I know this is not the right time, I should have said this sooner but trust me, believe me that it is taking me a lot of courage to sit in front of you like this and own up my mistakes-"

"What mistakes are you talking ab-" Jungkook silences her by placing his index finger on her lips.

Her lips. So soft-

Focus Jk, focus.

Lisa feels her breaths hasten but Jungkook starts speaking again, "Like I said, it is taking a lot of courage since I am the wrong one here from the very start, it is taking me a lot of courage to look into your eyes when I am the one guilty. Lisa, I am sorry, I am really sorry for misunderstanding you from the very beginning."

"I really don't have the courage in me to look into you eyes right now, I have been such a jerk to you in the last five months, I labeled you those things that you are far away from, I threatened you, I made you leave you job, I punctuated your emotions as act, I blamed you for all the things when you were in real helping me sort those out, standing in the shadows."

Jungkook takes a deep breath, "I really am sorry for all the wrong things..I shouldn't have done that.."

He looks to the side, making only his side profile visible to Lisa. She can see him biting his lips but then he turns his head and now she directly into his eyes.

"I am really sorry for caging you into this, this thing with me. I took away the five months of your life, turning them into hell for you when this time could have been the time for you to shine brighter. I knew that you had been signed to work for big projects which would have boosted your already bright career but stole that opportunity away, I ruthlessly crushed your dreams. I am really sorry. That day when I told you that I won't leave you ever..I was really out of my mind.."

Lisa stops breathing and tears are threaten to fall from her eyes. Seeing this Jungkook thinks that these might be tears of joy that she is finally getting her freedom, he decides to continue, "Without taking your emotions, your dreams into consideration, I decided to bound you to me even when I know you are unhappy, you are sacrificing your dreams, you had to go through so much when you were never the one to be blamed for it.."

Jungkook, for the second time in his life, feels himself overwhelm with emotions and feels his heart heavy for the next words he is about to say. He doesn't know why but his heart feels heavy.

He accepts the fact he doesn't want to leave Lisa.

He accepts that she makes him happy.

He accepts that he likes it when she takes care of him.

He accepts that he likes it when she remembers the small details about him.

He accepts that he likes her.

So much.

So much that he has never felt the things that he had felt with her.

He doesn't want to cry and he will not, although these words are difficult toes out.

But he will say. For her. For her freedom. For her sake.

"Lisa, you are free from this relationship, this meaningless unhappy relationship-"

Pa.

Jungkook's face is forced to his right side due to the impact of Lisa slapping him. He can't believe that he got smacked right in the face for the very first time in his entire life. While Lisa is dumbfounded herself for she is looking back and forth between her hand and his now bright red cheek.

Ignoring the heavy sting in his cheek, Jungkook slowly turns to look at her in the eyes while Lisa can't help the tears that have started to fall, she finally breaks down as she begins to sob with her hand on her mouth.

Her emotions are overflowing, she can't help it. It feels like the barrier has destroyed which had helped her keeping her heartfelt emotions at bay for these past few months but now, seeing Jungkook saying these things has destroyed that barrier and her feelings that had been filled up to the brim have started to overflow.

The whole room is silent except for her sobs.

Seeing this, Jungkook lets out a distressed chuckle, "I deserve it."

Hearing this, Lisa controls herself when he speaks again, his voice full of regret and guilt, "I am sorry. I am sorry for everything, Lisa." He holds her hands in his and continues, "Now that we have been staying together since as few months, you might have come to know that I am usually a cold person but I thanked you for all you have done for me and my family by transferring some of the shares. I know I sound like a jerk for comparing materialistic things with your kindness but trust me.."

Jungkook intertwines his fingers with hers and takes a deep breath, "that's my way of thanking you, I don't know how to express myself but I know for a factyou are an angel, not only Kyungwoo's angel but Jeon family's angel and.."

He notices the tears rolling down her cheeks so he pulls one of his hands to to wipe them off before whispering, "and my angel too."

Lisa feels her heart stop beating after she hears him utter these words. Despite Jungkook wiping her tears, they fall even faster than before and before she knows her hand slowly creeps onto his hand as she lets both of their hands stay stuck together like that on her face. Seeing this, Jungkook is a little stunned and pulls his hand away but Lisa only holds it tighter.

"Let me go, Lisa. I don't want such a pretty and kind angel to get caged here with me. I am letting you free from-"

"Enough!"

It is the first time that he has heard Lisa raising her voice, he is too stunned to speak. Taking it as a cue, Lisa takes ahold of his face with both her hands as she gazes into his eyes before rubbing her thumb wipe off the tears that have escaped his eyes.

Jungkook doesn't know when he started crying.

"Now it's you who is going to listen.."

_____________

Finally, misunderstandings
are going to get cleared.
Woohoo!

Unexpected, right?