Chapter LV: Made for Me

When Finn was told I was on bedrest, he took it waaay too far. Weeks have passed. We had to wait for the next full moon, which wasn't for a while since this months was a lunar eclipse. Dad ended up leaving for it to make sure he wouldn't come for me or Ricki.

I was forced to stay in bed for the whole two months. Even when I had to use the bathroom, Finn would carry me to the bathroom after being told a huge no to a bedpan. Kol and Klaus would take turns curled up to me, Elijah would every once in a while, but knew that Kol and Klaus were more territorial since I was pregnant with their baby's. Or Pups, as Ricki and Damon joked. Yeah, Damon took a quick liking to Ricki once he relaxed around us. I knew they were similar when I met Damon. Klaus was annoyed by that fact.

Slowly as the weeks went by, I started to notice that Finn was pulling away. My heart felt heavy as I noticed it. It started off with just sitting next to me, not cuddling like the others. Then he would only sit with me when I ate what he brought me. Sometimes pressing kisses to my forehead and that would be the most contact he would share. He had turned into more of a mother hen than a soulmate and it made me panic slightly. Thinking I might be losing him. About a week before the full moon, Finn came in to check on me since Klaus and Kol left to gather supplies for the spell next week. Elijah was out getting me some new clothes with Freya's help. Damon and Ricki had left to drink, see? Similar. My dad went out to prowl the mountains for a while I believe.

"Finn..." I whispered, my voice was cracking slightly as I broke from my own thoughts to look at him. Finn looked at me as he walked in, looking at me somewhat restrained looking. He kind of looked like that vampire from that human movie. Jasper Kale or something? Like he's holding himself back from something or just really constipated.

"I'd you need to use the restroom, Hilda?" He asked. I flinched at my name coming from his lips, my heart breaking slightly. "Are you in pain??" He asked, noticing my pained expression and flashing to be near me.

"Do you not want me..?" I asked him, tears flooding my eyes as I blinked them back frantically. Finn froze.

"Do I- What? What do you mean?" He asked. I looked up at him as he stood near me, still standing at a slight distance.

"If you don't want me anymore-why are you still here?" I asked, my voice raising a few octaves to cover up the cracks in my voice. The choking back tears sound breaking a small sob like laugh out of my throat. Finn sat down on the bed next to me, facing me as he grabbed my chin making me look at him.

"Why do you think I don't want you?" He asked softly, his eyes soft and concerned. I tried to look away from him, failing terribly as he held me in place.

"You try your best to stay away from me- you won't touch me unless I need help. I-" My voice broke as a small sob breaks through.

"No- no don't cry, Little Elf. Please- no." He whispered, moving closer to me and pulling me to his chest. I tried to hold back to sob but that just made it slightly louder. "I- I do want you." He whispered. I shook my head.

"No you do-don't. If you did- why are you pulling away so much?" I asked. Finn grabbed my face softly, making me look at him as he stared from my eyes to my lips.

"Because I don't want to hurt you." He whispered, flashing his eyes back up to meet my eyes. "I'm too rough with you- I-I don't want to hurt the only thing I have ever loved." He said. I blinked a few times.

"Yo-you love me?" I asked.

"Of course I do." He responded, stroking my cheek as he looked at me lovingly. "I love you more than life itself. I would do anything for you." My eyes jolted down to his lips, need rushing through me.