Chapter XV: The Contract

"I hope you have brought what I asked for." I said as I opened the door to see Damon standing there. I had dressed in some lounging clothes before coming out of Kol's room. I looked around him to see no one else there. "No one else came? Talk about abandonment." I whistled. Damon rolled his eyes at me, holding what seemed to be a gym bag.

"Stefan and Elena are coming, they are getting Bonnie, Jeremy, Caroline, Ric and Matt to come. You mentioned we all had to be present." He clarified, walking into the manor and letting the bag drop at the door. My eyes followed it.

"Didn't I say I wanted a bow?" I questioned. Damon frowned, reaching into his leather jacket and producing a tiny red bow and placing it onto the gym bag.

"Thought you would say something. Stefan said it was stupid." He explained, smirking up at me. "I on the other hand prefer to be a bit dazzling." He lifted his brows at his words making me laugh.

"This better not be a trap." I heard, turning to see a blonde vampire, Elena, Stefan, three brunettes, one being a witch and the other two being a potential hunter, and a human that I recognized from the grill.

"Welcome, come on in." I welcomed them, letting them into the house before closing the door. I gave them no response to the young vampires thought of this being a trap. Enjoying them being on edge. I led them to the dinning hall where I encouraged them to have a seat at the long table, Damon had brought the gym bag now sporting the red bow in with him.

"What is this?" I heard Klaus growl as he walked in followed by his brothers.

"Have a seat everyone." I told them. Elijah and Finn didn't argue, moving to sit on either side of me. Kol smirked and did a finger wiggling wave at the posse of misfits. Rebekah rolled her eyes, but sat down next to Elijah. Klaus on the other hand though, growled and refused to sit.

"Why are they in my house?" He growled, snapping his fangs at them. I turned my green eyes to him, shooting a glare at him.

"NiKlaus, you want me to stay here, do you not?" I questioned, he looked to me and nodded shyly. "Then. Have. A. Seat." I growled, flashing my yellow eyes at him. He narrowed his eyes at me before unwillingly sitting down next to Kol. His eyes moved to glare at the Scooby gang.

"So, why are we here?" The witch asked. I could feel the magic coming off of her, she was strong. But I was stronger. I smiled at them and left the room only to return not a second later with a packet of papers.

"I read some books on law and such, and have made up a contract to create peace in this shitty town." I declared. Damon snorted, where as the others looked like I was crazy.

"What sort of contract?" Stefan asked. I could tell he was the one who just wanted things to settle. The average Hero persona.

"Thank you for asking, Stefan. So the terms of the contract is that We, Originals, will leave you and your posse alone. No longer try to kill you as long as you:
A. Release all White Oak Stakes/ slash/ weapon that could hurt and/or kill an Original.
B. Stop interfering with our lives. (For example Klaus's little hobby of creating Hybrids)
C. Elena will willingly donate one pint of blood a month to keep NiKlaus happy with his Hybrids.
There is an address to a special hospital she will go to once a month to donate, no contact with a vampire." I finished. Everyone looked like they were going to refuse. But I held my hand up, "In return for these terms, The Originals have agreed," Klaus and Kol snorted in disagreement, "to help out if need be when trouble comes into town. This is our town as well and we will help. We will assist in protecting the life of Elena Gilbert. And we will keep to ourselves, for the most part." I added the last bit slyly.

"A pint of blood?!" Damon snapped, "And why the hell would we want their help with anything??" He questioned. I rolled my eyes at him.

"A pint of blood is me being kind. I'm sure Klaus is more than capable of taking what he wants by force. This term will encourage Elena to live a happy and peaceful life as she pleases." I explained to him. "And I am nearly impossible to kill. I believe you would want me on your side if any trouble comes along."

"She's right, Damon." The witch spoke up, I'm assuming she was Bonnie. She looked like a Bonnie. "I couldn't find much on Elf's when I was looking, but there was a few things in my grams grimmore." She told him. "An elf is a magical creature that feeds off of other magical creatures. They only can be killed by weakening them, or in other words killing their mate(s)." Bonnie explained like she was reading it right out of a book.

"All the more reason to not give up our only weapon!" Matt jumped in. I was a bit shocked by the human speaking up. I was confused why he was here, but he was most likely important to these creatures.

"If you do not give us the Stakes and any possible weapon against us, I will rip your intestines out and wear them around town like the latest trend." I told the human calmly. I heard Kol snort in laughter at my threat.

"What I don't understand is, the books all say that Elf's are docile creatures." Bonnie brought up, ignoring my threat to her human friend.

"We are, usually. But my mates are at risk here. I will personally mutilate anyone who poses as a threat." I told her. She nodded in understanding.

"So Soulmates really do exist?" The blonde vampire, who I suppose is Caroline, spoke up. Her eyes held hope. I turned my eyes to her and smile at her.

"Yes they do." I told her, her eyes brightening up with a dreamy look.

"It's rare, most live their entire life with meeting their mate. We held a greater chance with how long we lived." Elijah said, crushing the blonde vampires hopes in one swell swoop. I looked over to him before turning back to the blonde, placing my hand on hers gently, which made her flinch.

"You have a great chance to meet them, being a vampire." I told her with a smile. She returned the smile before Damon cleared his throat. His eyes were on my hand, which I slowly retracted. I couldn't blame him for being afraid for the girl.

I stood up and smiled, placing the main contract in front of them with a pen. "So, do we have a deal?" I asked. Bonnie grabbed the pen and signed her name on one of the lines I had an X by.

"This is reasonable." She said, handing the pen to Elena who also signed followed by Caroline and the two hunters. Stefan took the pen next.

"So, signing this means we are civilized? No more kidnapping and torture?" He questioned. I nodded.

"Yes. You have my word. Which means more than Elijahs since Elf's are bounded by magic." I explained to him. He nodded, signing his name and handing the pen to Damon. He narrowed his eyes at me, trying to see some sort of lie in me. Sighing, he signed his name. Matt took the pen, but I stopped him. Everyone looked confused at my sudden movement.

"You're human, I really don't understand why you are here.." I trailed off. "I can only bound myself to other magical creatures with a promise. You signing wouldn't bound me to you. It would be pointless." I explained.

"Wait- Jeremy and Ric are humans." Elena questioned in a statement. I shook my head as I saw her point to the two brunette men.

"They are both potential hunters. They hold their own type of magic." I explained. Damon and Stefan looked at Ric and Jeremy shocked.

"So, what? You'll kill me?" Matt questioned, his eyebrow raised and eyes looking untrusting. I shook my head.

"I won't kill you. I'm just being honest with you. You are not protected by the contract, but I won't harm you." I told him. "If you were a magical creature-"

"Well, I'm not." He snapped. Finn moved to stand up, but I held my hand up to him, making him relax by in his seat.

"I won't let my mates harm you. I can't offer anymore than my own word for that. I apologize." He nodded. Huffing in annoyance.

"So do you really dance in the moonlight?" Damon asked, cutting the tension in the room with some sort of hopeful joke.