Chapter XXXIX: Different

Klaus shoved his nose back to my neck, inhaling deeply. Nipping slightly with his dull teeth as if testing it out.

"What do you mean different, brother?" Elijah asked. He had been so caught in the reunion, he didn't even notice anything. Klaus groaned slightly, which made my eyes widen. Was he- I pushed him back slightly, earning me a growl.

"You smell more alive.. More appetizing.." He growled out lowly, trying to push back into the crook of my neck. I shoved him off of me.

"What do you mean alive?" I asked as I stood up. He moved to come closer, but I stepped back a little. I was a little freaked out. Didn't I smell alive before? Finn came up behind me, his nose moving to my neck instantly to check it out. He let out a low growl, grabbing my hips and yanking me to him. A yelp leaving my lips at his action.

"He's right." Finn said, nipping at my neck.

"Okay!" I exclaimed pulling away from Finn with a bit of difficulty. He had a really tight hold of me. I noticed Kol and Elijah looking at me, stepping towards me to also have a smell. "No!" I told them both sternly, pointing my finger at them. A growl left Elijah's lips at my demand. Kol just snorted at me. Like it was the funniest thing ever that I told him no. I moved away from them to stand near Freya and Rebekah.

"Their not wrong." Rebekah spoke up once I was behind her and using her to shield me from her brothers. "You smell different." She said. "Like you're no longer a vampire or something." I froze, backing up somewhat.

"Abby-She killed my Vampire part..." I realized.

"Does that mean you're just a wolf now?" Jeremy asked, confused. I shook my head at him.

"When I was on the other side, I saw someone there I never thought I would see again." I was slightly dazed thinking about what had happened, not noticing that Elijah was nearly right next to me now.

"Who did you see?" He spoke up, causing me to jump slightly. I snapped my gaze to him as he pulled me to him, not fighting him.

"My mother." I announced. Elijah stiffened when he shoved his nose into my neck, inhaling my new scent as I spoke. "She's how I got back here. She said something about my Elf part not being dead. Saying we are the balance, whatever that means."

"Elves are the balance between nature and the supernatural." Danial spoke up. I looked over to him, trying to push Elijah away from me now, his teeth grazing my neck. "Elves are supposed to keep the world at peace. They essentially keep the moon coming back and the sun shining light on the dark." I looked at him confused now.

"What do you mean?"

"Your magic. It lures the moon out. Thats why that ring of your mothers had a piece of the moonstone. It wasn't to show she was with a wolf. It was to show her connection to the moon itself. But Elves also bring the sun out. It was part of some legend before you were born. I'm surprised Marissa didn't tell you about it. The first Elf was created to feed off the moon and feed the sun. The moon keeps the balance of the Wolves, whereas the sun balances the Vampires." He explained.

"But Vampires didn't exist before us." Elijah finally spoke up, letting me go so Kol could take his place.

"Have you ever heard of the saying that your story is already written out for you? You make the choices, but at the end of the day, your fates are sealed." Elijah nodded. Danial continued, "The ones who created the first elf was said to be some seer-"

"This is swell and all, but how do we believe these legends?" Klaus interrupted, earning him a smack on the head from me. He growled at me with a slight pout.

"So she saw The Mikaelsons being created?" Jeremy asked, showing the most interest in this story. Danial nodded.

"Your mother was right, you are the balance." Danial told me, looking at me with a smile.

"But I'm not the only one." I yelped as Kol accidentally nicked my throat, quickly licking the small drop of blood up.

"Sorry- What do you mean? There's another Elf?" Kol asked, pulling away from me. I nodded.

"My mother told me that Ricki, my brother is still alive." Danial looked at me confused and shocked.

"Bu-but I thought they were all dead? How is he still alive??" He questioned.

"Elves live a very long time. You know, balance and everything. But we have bigger problems. Or I do. My father is also alive." I watched as all the Mikaelsons stiffened at the word father. I knew they had issues with their father.

"Okay, I know for a fact he was just an average wolf." Danial said. I let out a chuckle.

"He is. But when I died, he- there was an accident." I said, trying to avoid the subject of him killing my mother. "And your Aunt Dahlia placed a curse on him. He's been trapped as a wolf for a thousand years." Everyone shared shocked looks.

"Okay, this is just too crazy for me." Hayley spoke up from her spot in a chair. I looked over at her.

"We'll find him. Both of them" Klaus said, moving closer to me and hugging me. "I could never imagine being stuck as my wolf for that long."

"You don't think he's himself anymore-do you?" I questioned.

"He could be. But I don't know.." Klaus admitted. "It's be very hard to keep your humanity when you haven't been human for so long."

"It doesn't matter. We'll find him and your brother, Elskan." Elijah told me. "But now, lets go to bed. It's late and you need your rest." I nodded, letting him pull me to him and lead me to his bed, where he climbed in behind me and cuddled me. His nose stroking the column of my neck soothingly. "I love you, Hilda." I heard Elijah whisper as I fell into a dreamless sleep.