Chapter XXIV: Soulmates

As soon as Matt and Tyler walked out of the Whitmore House, I was surrounded by my mates. Elijah hovering over us as Klaus took me from Matt's arms. Finn came over and started to examine my body for injuries. Instantly spotting my hand and then my eye. I knew it had to be bad. Elijah was growling at Tyler who had dropped Wes's body in front of them.

"He did this?" Klaus growled, passing me to Finn, but I stopped him, having him put me on my feet. Klaus sped over to Wes just as he was starting to wake up.

"NiKlaus." I breathed, a bit wobbly on my feet. "Don't." Klaus turned to look at me, snarling as he spots how hard of a time I was having standing. My vision was odd. It was like seeing only half of the world. Half my sight was black. My head was killing me. I was starving. And I was tired.

"Tyler, take our guest to the manor and place him in the basement." Klaus ordered. I was confused at that. I could feel Tyler was a hybrid, but Klaus talked to him like he was sired to him. I sensed no bond between them. I felt Elijah come up to my side, pulling me gently to his chest and wrapping his arms tightly around me.

"Never do that again." He whispered down to me. I nodded against him, letting him hug me. I felt so numb right now. The iron in my system still making its way through my veins. I knew I could heal it. But the only way I could is by possibly taking another life. I couldn't do that. I heard a whooshing sound and then another vampire come close to me, examining me as they pull me away from Elijah. Kol.

"Oh, Hilda.." He whispered, pulling me to him once he saw how I looked. He had hurt in his voice. He was hurting from seeing me like this. I felt bad, or at least I wanted to. But I couldn't. I felt so numb.

"Bonnie!!" I heard Elena shout out. I looked up to see Bonnie walking out with Alaric and Fern. Enzo was a bloody mess and hanging all over Bonnie. I could smell the connection. It was strong. I sent her a smile as she looked over to me. Her smile faded as she saw how bad off I was. Fern came bounding over to me.

"Hilda!" He exclaimed, earning a deep growl as he pulled me from Kol and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back as he looked at me. He felt and looked so much like my brother, it should make me feel something. But I didn't.

"Hilda...Oh god." He muttered, looking at my eye and then my hand. "You can heal.." He began, whispering. Kol and Elijah looked over at me, confused. Klaus and Finn were also glancing over but were speaking to Enzo about what had happened in the 70 or so years he was there. Damon keeping his distance for now. I shook my head at Fern.

"I can't." I clarified. He looked at me confused. He had books on Elf's. He knew what I could do.

"Yes you can. You could use-" He was cut off as his nose twitched, caught off guard by a smell. I tried my best to smile as I saw Rebekah speed over, they shared a moment of staring before Fern introduced himself. The look on Rebekahs face almost made me laugh, numb or not.

"What's your middle name?" She asked him, a look of disdain on her face. He frowned.

"Danial." He admitted, confused why his soulmate was giving him such an awful look.

"That's what you go by now. I mean honestly, who names their kid after a plant?" She remarked with a laugh. Fern-I mean Danial laughed.

"My mother was a bit into drugs." He chuckled. Finn sped over to me, wrapping me up into his arms.

"Let's get you home, little elf." He whispered, nuzzling his nose into my neck. I nodded and let them drive me home, The gang of misfits going their own way.