Chapter L: Side affects

I laid in the hospital bed, currently wiping the gel off my stomach as Elijah sat next to me but on the floor, frozen in thought. I kept glancing to him, waiting for some kind of reaction. When it finally came I jumped slightly.

"How did this even happen?" Elijah asked, standing up to look at me. I stood up to get dressed, Elijah lending a hand to get me out of the bed.

"I slept with you and Kol after coming back to life. I'm an elf. Maybe I'm magical enough to make a vampire be able to procreate?" I offered. Elijah shook his head.

"No. Tell me what you know. I can tell you know more." He told me. He was right, before he came into the room I had called Freya, asking all the questions I could. I knew what had happened. But I didn't know how to tell any of them. Worried it would make them even more overprotective. "Tell me, Astin. Please.." He begged me. I smiled at him, nodding.

"Before Freya preformed the transfer spell, I had slept with Kol. Freya believes when she did the spell that it helped move his uh- friends along, implanting when she finished the spell. I didn't think it was anything-" I laughed a bit, shaking my head as I pulled my dress over my head and straightened it. "When she finished the spell there was two gold lights that went to my stomach. I didn't think anything of it obviously. Then not only is Klaus all over me and protective but Kol starts doing the same thing- I thought it was to keep them calm but now it makes sense." I turned to look at Elijah as I adjusted my jacket. Elijah walked over to me, his hand resting on my stomach.

"So you are pregnant with Niklaus's baby and Kol's?" Elijah asked. I nodded slowly, waiting to see some kind of reaction out of him. "Are they healthy?" He asked.

"They are. The pain is from Klaus's baby trying to take up the most room. Being about triple the size already and Kol's baby is pushing back, the aggressive little stinker. So that caused some Braxton hicks, essentially. My body thought it was time to give birth, but it was defiantly not ready." I explained to him. "Finn will be happy. I'm on bed rest and a strict no exercise order." I laughed, thinking of how happy Finn was going to be.

"Astin." I turned to look at Elijah, seeing his eyes were slightly glassy. "Thank you for being okay." He told me, before pulling me to him and kissing me, shocking me somewhat. I kissed him back, before pulling back.

"So this doesn't change anything?" I asked, a bit concerned.

"Why would it?" He asked in return. I sighed.

"My hormones are putting thoughts in my head. Since I'm carrying Klaus and Kol's baby and not yours or Finns... I don't know- It's stupid. I just- I feel bad? I don't know." I admitted as we walked out of my hospital room, ready to go back to the hotel. Elijah grabbed my hand, stopping me.

"Hilda, I would never be mad or disappointed. These are all of our baby's. I will love and protect them just as if they were my own, which they are. Same blood." Elijah smiled. I smiled back up at him. "I love you, Astin." He said, pressing a kiss to my forehead, before we started to walk again.

"I love you too, Elijah." I responded. Walking through the double doors to see Klaus, Kol and Finn jump up at the sight of us, Damon already standing, pausing his pacing.

"So?"