Chapter XXVII: Blood Magic

3rd POV:

Before they left, Elijah had Bonnie do a locator spell to find Lacy, using Danial's blood. She was supposedly near the Whitmore House, assumingely trying to find information on Wes or gathering the evidence of her being involved. Elijah, Klaus, Rebekah and Danial all left, tracking down Lacy.

Bonnie had found a spell to slow the blood flow in people. It was risky, but could work to slow the process of the Iron in her bloodstream. Damon made a quirky joke about how this was a total Twilight moment. Like when the vampire venom was moving through Bella's bloodstream.

 Like when the vampire venom was moving through Bella's bloodstream

Stefan saw through Damon's joke though. Damon was worried. He had made a friend outside of Alaric. Sure he had the gang, but it wasn't the same. Bonnie mostly hated Damon. Caroline still didn't care for him since he sort of tormented her and used her. Elena was fighting unknown feelings for him. Jeremy is self explanatory, since Damon had killed him before. And then Matt just didn't like Vampires.

Hilda was Damon's first true friend, someone that would listen to his stupid jokes and not just drink with him.

Bonnie moved up the stairs, Enzo following close behind her as they made it to the room Kol and Finn were with Hilda. Enzo could smell the stench of blood before they even opened the door.

"Have a plan, Bennett?" Kol asked as he sat up, letting Hilda curl into Finn. Her skin was paler than normal. Half of her face was covered in grey veins as well as her whole arm that was infected. Groaning was coming from the elf. Finn held onto her tightly, fear running through him. He had just gotten her. He couldn't lose her from this. Not something as stupid as a human experimenting.

"It's risky." Bonnie warned, "But it should work."

"Well, don't let me keep you. Do it." Kol snapped, not meaning to. He just wanted his mate back.

"I need some space." Bonnie told him. He nodded, reluctantly moving out of the way. Finn pulled himself from Hilda who whined at the lost of heat. "I'm going to help you, Hilda. I promise." Bonnie told her. Enzo nodded at Bonnie, moving to adjust Hilda. Finding her limbs were stiff, hard to move. It had to be the metal in her system. Kol and Finn growled at the man touching their mate, the whimpers leaving her mouth made them uneasy. Enzo ignored them, making Hilda lay on her back, arms out and palms up. "This might hurt-" Bonnie mentioned, pulling a dagger out of her bag. Finn and Kol both sped to stand in front of her. "Do you want me to help her or not?!" Bonnie snapped at the two snarling Vampires.

"Maybe you two should leave. Bonnie won't hurt her. I won't let her. This woman helped save me and I'll be damned if we let her die because of her overprotective mates afraid of her getting a bit cut." Enzo told them. He held no fear of the two Originals. Sure he knew of them, knew what they could do. But he also knew they wouldn't mess with the chances of their mate living.

"Fine." Kol growled out, not liking the male vampire being in the room with his mate. Finn and him both left the room, knowing they wouldn't hesitate to snap the witches neck if she cut Hilda in front of them.

"Continue, love." Enzo encouraged. Bonnie nodded, glancing at Hilda before making a long slice along her forearm, from mid forearm to wrist. Hilda let out a long whimper, jerking slightly. Enzo grabbed her, halting her in her attempt to escape the pain. "Breath, Hilda. It'll be okay." He told her. Bonnie moved to the other side, slicing her other forearm the same way. She started to chant, taking some of the blood on the knife and drawing a upside down teardrop on her forehead. The chanting quickens as a breeze goes through the room. When she stops, the whimpers stop as well. "Did it work?" Enzo asked, looking at his mate. Bonnie nodded to Hilda. The greying had retreated, disappearing completely just about. But her eyes were closed and breathing slow.

"It seems to have worked." Bonnie told him, as Kol and Finn came bounding back into the room. Bonnie looked at them as their eyes were on the cuts on her arms. "She'll be okay for now. I slowed her heart which is keeping her blood from moving the iron as quickly. But she won't wake until I bring her heart rate back." Bonnie explained. Kol glared at her, but nodded. Both Finn and Kol moved to sit on either side of Hilda, placing their hands on her knees to let her know they were there, but not attempting to lay back down, afraid to hurt her.

All they could think was that Klaus and Elijah had better hurried.