Chapter IV: Not Here for Some Cliche

I had just walked into the party with Lydia next to me. She was in a nice purple gown she had from her prom, whatever that was. I offered to compel her a new dress, but apparently it was a dress she never had the chance to wear because she was stood up. Poor thing. Several scents hit me at once when I entered the manor. I had mates, I knew this, I just didn't expect them to all be here at once. Smells of fresh laundry, citrus, eucalyptus, and a lumber yard was hitting me at once. Thankfully, the scents were nice together.

But I wasn't here for them. I spot a glimpse of a woman retreating before I could go to follow her a man appeared in front of me. Eucalyptus hitting me in the face. A man with short brown hair and child like brown eyes stared back at me with a goofy grin.

"Well, hello there mate." The man spoke happily. I took a deep breath, smiling at him as he took my hand and kissed my knuckles gently. "I have waited such a long time for you." He told me with a grin. A growl sounded from next to us, as another man came up to us, blonde hair with blue-green eyes. Citrus floating into my nose.

"Kol, it seems we have something, or someone, in common now." The man told Kol. I let a sigh draw out as yet another man stepped up to us, the smell of fresh laundry swirling into the air in front of me. A tall man with brown hair and hazel brown eyes smiled at me politely. "Ah, Elijah, don't tell me you are drawn to our mystery guest as well." The blonde questioned. I finally removed my hand from Kol's hand, stepping back a few steps to watch this unfold. Three of my supposed soulmates chatting among each other.

"It would seem so." Elijah agreed, "Who would have thought we were all looking for the same person all these years." He thought out loud, glancing his warm eyes to me. "I'm sorry, my brothers forgot their manners. My name is Elijah Mikaelson, those is Kol," He points to the first guy to approach me, "And NiKlaus. My brothers." I looked to the blonde. My eyebrows met in the middle in confusion.

"Mikaelson?" I questioned, feeling my eyes flash yellow. This took their attention quickly. Klaus had a sly smirk on his face at this new information. "I'm sorry, I must find someone." I told them, moving to go around them. Klaus grabbed my forearm, stopping me.

"Wait, you can't just leave us. We just found you. You have a lot to explain." He told me, nearly demanded. I scoffed at him, glaring at his hand that held me back. He slowly let me go.

"I am not here for some Cliche like Soulmates." This caused a hurt look to hit the three men. It hurt me as well, but I knew what I was here for, and I wasn't letting myself get distracted. "I'm here for Esther Mikaelson." My words brought alarm to their faces now.

"Mother? Why our mother?" Elijah questioned while Klaus glared at me, Kol was just conflicted.

"Because she killed me." I told them, walking off.

In a separate room-

Esther had sage burning now, Elena just arriving to assist her. All she needed was the blood of the doppleganger to link her children. It seemed almost to easy, other than the fact that she knew Hilda would not likely drink the champagne tonight.

"This all seems too easy. Are you sure it will work?" Elena asked in her raspy voice. Her eyes kept glancing to the door where Finn had stood guard.

"It will. But-" Esther paused, looking dramatically distressed. "There is one other we must include in this link." She told her, as she poured the blood onto the parchment with her children's names. An extra name drawing Elena's attention.

"Hilda? Who is that?"

"A mistake I had made so many years ago. I knew NiKlaus would come for me, to kill his own mother. So I had to find another to link myself to."

"You linked yourself to a random person?" Elena questioned, looking even more confused than she was before.

"Not just any random person. My sons soulmate." This made Elena's eyes widen in shock.

"Soulmate? Those exist??"

"Of course. Most things exist, they are just hard to come upon. You probably have one, but you won't live to see them most likely. Thats what makes them so rare." Esther explained. Elena hung her head, sadly.

"But you found theirs. They share one?"

"Yes, it took a lot of magic to find her." Esther nodded, as she watched the blood mixture pull around and show the names being linked together.

"But- How is she still alive?" Elena asked, confused. "And how will this link her to them if she doesn't share their blood?"

"She's their soulmate, its similar to sharing the same blood." Esther sighed, she didn't account for the doppleganger to question her so much. "And She was a werewolf before I met her, now she is a hybrid."  Elena stared at Esther, shocked.

"Like Klaus??"

"Yes, I said I had made a mistake, didn't I? Hilda is the second Original Hybrid. She is just as strong as Klaus. All the more reason we need to link her to my children." Esther explained getting even more annoyed. "Now, you need to get her to drink the champagne tonight. No matter what. My son's will automatically, they trust me. But Hilda does not."

"How am I supposed to get a stranger to trust me?" Esther shrugged.

"I believe you can do it." Esther assured her. Elena nodded, taking a deep breath. She had the job to not only track down this second hybrid, but also get her to drink champagne a stranger gives her. How was she going to survive this night?