-1-

"Do you want a Red Bull?" Max asked, I looked up and saw a fridge full of Red Bull.

"No thanks, but now I see where you get all the energy from" I playfully pushed Max aside and got up from my wooden chair where I was sitting.

I was in the Red Bull garage with Max. He's my best friend, I can tell him anything. We have a special bond. He's a racing driver, and I promised him to be at all of his races this season. It is now the very first race of the season, Bahrain. I followed all the pre-tests at home, I couldn't attend because I was busy, with college. But this year I'm at all the races. It seems that Red Bull Racing has a good chance of becoming champion this year. I really hope so, and especially for Max. I know how talented he is, I've been to all his Formula 3 races. Anyway, I was with Max in Bahrain. It was Friday, so today free practice one and two were held. I was in the Red Bull garage, free practice 1 started in an hour. I didn't know the other drivers yet except Daniel, but I would like to meet them.

"Shall I give you a short tour?" Max was already wearing his racing suit, I think it's really special how calm he remains under pressure.

"Shouldn't you be collecting data or getting ready or something?" I asked, not to be mean but I just didn't want to distract him.

"No, it's okay the guys are working on the car I'm doing it on the track." He laughed and put his arm around me.

Max and I walked out of the garage, now we were in the pit late. All the teams were here, and I could see how busy it was.

"Shall we see if Daniel is there, I mean you already know him" Max said as we walked past all the teams.

"Yes, it would be nice to talk to him again" I said, Daniel and I got on well. And I like the friendship between Daniel and Max, they look like brothers. 

Max and I walked to the McLaren pit box, and I could already see Daniel waving at us. He was talking to his teammate, Lando Norris. I've never talked to him, but we follow each other on instagram. When Daniel saw me, he walked up to me and Max. Lando stood there alone and I got feel he was watching me.

"Hey Lila, long time no see" Daniel said as he pulled me into a hug. 

"Hi Dan, how's your new team?" I asked, breaking off the hug. Max and Daniel gave each other a bro's hug, at least that's what they always call it. Of course I knew Daniel had gone to McLaren, I hope he will soon get comfortable there.

"Everything is going well so far, of course I still have to get used to the car" Daniel said.

"It's going to be okay" I said, with a smile on my face. I sounded confident, and I also know Daniel can do it.

Daniel nodded his head, and laughed. I was talking to Daniel and Max when Max walked away to Lando. I saw them talking, and they walked over to Daniel and I.

"Yo Dan, there you are again" Lando said soberly, looking up and down at me. I looked back at him, and broke off the eye contact. 

"Nice shirt" Lando said as he stared to smile.

"thank you I think?" I was wearing Max's t-shirt, it was too small for Max, so he's just mine now. It was an off white shirt. It fitted me well, I guess. Max didn't know,  I just grabbed it out of his closet. I was also wearing my fav black jeans, and my black and white air Jordans.

"Now that you mention it, isn't that t-shirt mine?" Max asked with a questioning face.  

He turned around to me and watched my t-shirt, I mean his.. I looked at the ground, avoiding eye contact with Max. He knows when I'm lying. If I'm lying you can see it in my eyes, or there'll be a grin on my face.