CAPITOLO SESSANTASEI- Checkmate

Start from the beginning

Cataleya smacks her lips. "Man I'm pissed!" She huffs. "I just realised I threw my food on those roaches."

Rheah's eyes widen. "They made you that mad?! Nah, should we go back and jump them?"

The men chuckle, shaking their heads as the girls go on a rant while everyone makes their way to the grill to collect more food. Thanks to Cataleya's mini display of rage, the line was much shorter than before and from what they saw along with Michael's presence, no one dared to utter a word about what had just went down.

After their plates were served, the small group return to the VIP tent. Ova Dweet by Popcaan spins on the decks as they approach a table surrounded by Jalil, Jayceon, Mase and Chris indulging in a game of blackjack. The rest of the crew were littered around the tent, either talking amongst themselves, roaming the party or mingling with other party goers.

Chris peers up from his cards and his eyebrows crease when he notices the deep frown on Cataleya's face. Despite the comfort from her sister, she was still hot and bothered about what the women had said.

As Michael and Romeo take a seats, Rheah leaves to get a drink for Cataleya.

"Wassup?" Chris nods at her as she makes her way over to him.

"Three little ghetto pigs twisted their mouth to talk about me and our children that's what." Cataleya grumbles.

"What?! Somebody was talking about my wife?? Where they at??" Benny jumps up from his seat but Chris yanks him back down.

"Oh hell nah, your sore losing ass ain't bout to try that shit. Sit ya ass down B and take this ass whooping like a grown man!"

"Man," A red handed Benny smacks his lips, " Ain't nobody a sore loser my nigga cause the game ain't even ended yet."

"Yeah okay." Chris snorts in amusement.

"Aye man, Don't hate cause I wanna be on my husband shit, doing up my husbandly duties correctly by checking in on the wellbeing of my pregnant wife."

Chris' smile falters, "Dead that shit B, forreal."

His friend chuckles mischievously with an eyeroll but deciding not to take anymore attention away from Cataleya or further antagonise his best friend, Benny returns to the game. Eventually tearing his glare away from his boy, Chris reverts his attention back to Cataleya, taking her hand and ushering her to sit on his lap.

"Sorry about that mamas, what happened?" He probes lightly as he subconsciously uses his free hand to gently rub her stomach.

Ignoring the butterflies that were flurrying around in her stomach, she begins to rant.

"A bunch of dried up caterpillars tried coming for me! Calling me a hoe, your one night stand and all that other dumb shit bitches like to say when they wanna be a hater." Cataleya rolls her eyes and kisses her teeth as she recalls the whole encounter. "And to be honest, if they'd had stopped there I would have spared them, but then they came for our babies!"

"And what you do?" Chris asks softly with his thumb now gently stroking her hand absentmindedly.

"I threw a meat fork at them." She shrugs and casually sips on the drink Rheah had returned and quietly handed to her. "One of them bleeding her way to the hospital right now. I hope she's stuck in traffic."