CAPITOLO SESSANTASEI- Checkmate

Comenzar desde el principio

"Alright sis, you need to calm down and give me the knife."

Cataleya turns to meet her sister's nonchalant gaze. "Nah Rhee they were talking about my babies like they were so bad and brave so I'm going to show them who is mad and brave!!"

Rheah sighs softly. "As much as I would love to see that mama, now is not the time nor the place. Plus, look at them! They're not worth the hassle."

"Nah Rhee, Sono così stanco delle persone che pensano di poter parlare di merda e di non essere toccati per questo! Non suoniamo quella merda (I'm so tired of people thinking they can talk shit and not get touched for it! We don't play that shit!)"

Rheah gently wraps her hand around Cataleya's wrist. The large cleaver was still gripped tightly in her sister's fingers. "Conosco i Leya e capisco ma non ne valgono la pena ok? How ne dici di farmi avere il coltello e di lasciarli soli e la prossima volta che succede qualcosa del genere oggi non mi invocherò. (I know Leya and I understand but they're not worth it okay? How about you let me have the knife and you leave them alone and the next time something like this happens today I won't get involved)."

Cataleya peers at Rheah. "You promise?"

Rheah gives her a reassuring smile. "I'll even join in."

Her words seem to do the trick. Everyone releases the breath they were holding as Cataleya sighs and reluctantly hands over the blade to her sister. "Here."

Rheah kisses her cheek. "That's my baby sis."

Cataleya rolls her eyes.

Rheah giggles at her dissatisfaction and leaves her to cool off. Trinity and Camara exhale the biggest sigh of relief at the exchange, glad that the threat was handled and their lives were spared.

But their breaths hitch in their throats once more the moment Rheah turns their way. Their hearts drop to their toes when her once soft gaze turned frosty and dark as she stalks towards them.

"L-l-leave us alone!" Camara fails at sounding intimidating.

"Don't worry, ain't nobody about to waste their energy on you bums." Rheah laughs at the terrified look on their faces. "But let me make something very clear," Her smile vanishes, "Fuck with my sister again and I promise you, she's gonna be the least of your troubles."

It was something about the way the words left Rheah's lips and the glint of rage in her eyes that was so dark, so deviously sinister, it rattled the girls to their core. Terrified, they nod their heads profusely at her threat.

"Good. Now pick your friend up and get the fuck out." Rheah turns to the crowd. "Someone call an ambulance! The rest of y'all can go back to the party, there's nothing more to see here. We'll be cutting the cake in 15 minutes!"

At her orders, the crowd slowly reshuffle and disperse back into the party. A few people run over to help Sadé while Rheah tends to her sister, pulling her into a hug before leading her back to Romeo and Michael.

"Well gwarn boss lady." Michael grins.

Rheah laughs, "You better recognise." She throws an arm around Cataleya's shoulder. "How you feeling?"