CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX

Start from the beginning

Logan pulled himself out of the swimming pool. "I might hit the gym for a few hours."

"Nate's down there," I told him. "Don't go to bed too late."

Draping the towel over his shoulders, he dropped a kiss on the top of my head. "Likewise."

"Was that a polite way of saying I look like shit?"

"No." His lip twitched at the corner. "Just tired."

Yes, I was exhausted. "Goodnight, Logan."

He headed to the indoor gym, leaving wet footprints in his wake.

I studied the calm waters.

Unbuttoning the blouse, the pencil skirt, I let the material gather on the side and stepped into the pool in nothing but lace underwear. Pinching the bridge of my nose, I closed my eyes and ducked my head beneath the surface.

Silence.

I basked in sheer silence.

I met his stare face-on for the first time and held my breath. His ice-blue eyes were penetrating. He is insanely gorgeous. Not that I wasn't already aware. I have gawked long enough to discern his handsomeness but standing close to him intensified his powerful image. He's fascinating yet intimidating. He embodied perfect and unfaltering masculinity. "Do I know you?" His brows met in a dark scowl as he stepped closer. I was feeble and small as I gazed up at his towering presence. "I feel like I have seen you before."

My feet touched the tiled floor.

His palms toured my waistline. "Is he your boyfriend?"

"Who?" My fingers curled around his wrists, stopping his hands from hiking further. "You mean the guy on the dance floor?

He gave me a devilish smirk. "Yes."

"No." My nose wrinkled. "I don't do 'boyfriends'."

His mouth moved dangerously close to my ear. "What do you do?"

Tears pricked the back of my eyes.

"Kneel," he ordered, and I nearly lowered to the ground. "No, Miss Haines. Stand between my legs and kneel." I did as he instructed. "Slowly. Eyes on the client." Our eyes locked as I went to my knees. "Good. You want him to be lost in you. You are in control." His fingers weaved through mine. He coaxed me to crawl across his relaxed body. "Men are susceptible to confident women." My spine dipped as I reached for the back of his chair. "Good girl."

I covered my ears.

"Come here." His arm slid around my lower body. I stopped breathing. "Breathe." His whispered tone warmed my cheek. "I might kiss you."

My breath caught. "Why?"

"Why?" He suppressed amusement. "What, you require a scientific explanation as to why kissing is instinctual?"

I have never willingly kissed a guy before. I am inexperienced. "I am sure there are much better females down the hall."

"Yet," he whispered against my lips, "I am here with you. And you, Miss Haines, look far too tempting to overlook."

I yearned to feel his hands on me.

His finger tilted my chin, encouraging me to maintain eye contact. Locked in each other's intense gaze, we turned to the fading sound of the vocalist's light baritone voice. Everything in the background sailed, the twirling couples, the instrumentalists and attentive servers.

I only saw him.

"There are a lot of women here tonight." His chin rested atop my head. "Yet my eyes found you." Our eyes aligned. "You're beautiful."