From family units to single units to multi-unit apartments, we made sure our members had a reason to keep coming back.
Our numerous programs in the communities kept people engaged in God and their future. Shelter and feeding ministry have fed far more than we could count.

"We are doing God's work, his blessings pouring in from the doors of heaven not just windows. Hallelujah!" I encouraged myself, ending the self morale boosting sermon I gave my self every morning.

And like the wind, Femi , my former pastor reappeared. He had recovered from his ailment and was back to take the church.
I fought like a beast. I came unto him like the old dragon razing down everything on his path. In my dictionary, only sowers could reap. I generated these harvests and I was definitely going to reap it, all alone.

Cancer is a terrible thing to happen to any one, and I out did myself helping him. But at the same time, the bible teaches us to 'guide your heart with all diligence'. And this church is my heart.
Handing it over to another will be foolishness. It was his decision to sign the church over to me and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise, but I would always hold on to it.

According to him, the Holy spirit instructed him to hand the church over to me. I hesitated at first, informing him to give me time to pray about it.
For weeks, he pressured me and I repeatedly asked him if he was sure. At some point he got mad at me for doubting his open communication with the Holy spirit.
Then, I was just a junior pastor and his assistant. No one believed I had any level of spirituality.

I later signed the dotted line and the church became mine, While he focused on putting his house in order, concluding he would die from the disease.

Placing my tablet on the sink, I brushed my teeth as I listened to this YouTuber denigrating pastors. To make matters worse, he magnified it with unverified accusations, garnishing it with Insults and rebukes.
As the picture of detachment from reality oozed out of his mouth, I shook my head in disgust.

"Did these people forget we were men before we became men of God?" I asked the phone, as it stared back at me.

After I'd achieved a clean mouth, I made sure to get his profile name. They sure are expecting us to live in holes, pick food from the trash cans and drive rickety cars.

"Haba! Some people should fear God o!"

After all these insults, lies, and half truths, these people expect us to stay mute to their character assassinations.
Yes, I know what the bible says, You get slapped on one cheek, position the other cheek to get another resounding slap. Nah, I'm not doing that, definitely not me.

An account from the bible illustrated how Jesus sent those who went to arrest him the first time, sprawling on the floor. I believe he wanted to show his control over that situation and protect his disciples as well.
But you see, things have changed, I am making sure those who speak against me don't get away with it.
Any thing that will derail or halt the fulfillment of my ministry would be nipped in the bud.

Today, one of these anti-pastor shouting bigots made a video about me specifically. Raining insults as he had done to other pastors.
Sleeping dogs will not be laying down today. In fact, they would be biting back and deep.
I believe pastors have been bullied enough, both physically and spiritually. And look at me still trying to wiggle out if their bullying holds.

At the mention of spiritually, Unique came to my mind. All the deliverances that returns to hurt us resurfaced in my thoughts.
These were all the spiritual issues we have to deal with. Then family, then the church and then everything else.

But, If other pastors had decided to stay quiet, I sure would fight! This kingdom of God suffers violence and it's been commanded to grab it forcefully!

After trimming my beard, I sent a quick message to my PA, informing him to address the issue right away.
Over the years, many young men had worked for me as PA's, but Bolaji, a mean fighter was the most fowl mouthed of them all. A spirit filled muscle who's not afraid of a fight.

He could abuse for a living, yet he thunders in tongues more than anyone I knew.
The lord knew that a betrayer was among his disciples, yet he placed Judas in charge of the finances. Jesus understood that everyone is useful at one point or another.

That's why Bolaji is still with me. He gets messy business done. And he's got a decree in one of those computer courses, so this job was perfect for him.

Again, my phone buzzed. Femi's name splashed across the screen. A loud hiss escaped my mouth. I swiftly ignored the call and jumped into the shower to take my bath.
Even after the court deemed me the rightful owner to the church, he hadn't stopped calling to ask for one thing or the other.
His numerous requests were beginning to get on my nerves.

I pushed Femi's thoughts to the back of my mind, relishing the warmth of the water on my body. Again, Unique's voice reached my thoughts. "Are you in search of the furnace?"

I temporarily went back to the last time I saw her. She was in a white pajamas and had a gnash on her left wrist.
My eyes glanced back at Unique when she mentioned the 'furnace'. She returned my gaze with determination. For one full minute we balled eyes together until her friend's voice snapped us out of our competition.

"All is well? Pastor?" I nodded and ran out their apartment. Whatever sent me there sought my destruction.

I shook the water off my head as I wiped my body dry.

"Where could she have hidden it?" I thought as I tried using my spiritual antenna to find the location of one thing that could destroy or make me.

Forcing her out of my mind, I raced down stairs for breakfast.