The Anthony Plan

It was all a very good plan, and one better than what I could have thought up myself. It did indeed make me very happy.

Jasper crawled over to the couch and yawned. He then curled up into a ball. "So, what do you think?"

I sat down beside him and said, "I think it sounds amazing. And he's not going to get hurt, is he?"

"Probably not. Ariel's going to be there. It'll be fine. You know how all that archangel stuff works."

I leaned back into the pillows. "Uh, not really actually. I'm just a guardian angel. They're special, I'm a nobody."

"Tell that to Anthony."

"I might."

He looked up at me. His pupils almost covered all the color in his eyes. He then stretched again and said, "He won't like that much. He certainly thinks you're something."

I leaned back and sighed, "I wonder why."

Jasper tilted his head. "Do you want to go find out?"

"Sure. I'd love to know what they're all doing right now," I hummed as I stood up. I grabbed my jacket and brushed it off. I then looked back at Jasper and said, "If you happen to switch to your other form, don't get your fur on this. It's velvet and linen, and I have no intention on taking it to be cleaned anytime soon."

I then put it on and looked in the mirror. My hair was messy, so I ran my fingers through it a few times to fluff it out. It felt oily. Perhaps it was around time for it to be washed again. -Not that the state of my hair mattered at that moment. I just wanted to look nice and fancy for Anthony.

"Ready?" I asked.

"I suppose so," Jasper answered. He skipped to the door.

I shot a glare at him. "I wasn't talking to you, idiot," I growled. I then walked out the door before him. With more joy than ever I carried myself to the jail, just as fast as I could move myself. I didn't care if Jasper was behind my or not. He was, however, at the ends of my heels, in his cat form.

I went to the work yard. Nobody was out, not even the guards, so I hopped the fence. Jasper slipped through one of the holes near the ground.

"Are there any windows around here?" I asked. He then looked up. So did I. The only windows were on the second floor. They were so high up.

Obviously, the only logical answer was to scale the building. I glanced around. There were no guards, so I went ahead and grabbed the stones. Every pull felt like my muscles were being snapped. I was not meant for climbing, but a lot of things happened that weren't meant to be.

I chose the window of an empty cell. Damn. Not my Anthony, but at least it wasn't some criminal. I looked back at Jasper and waved him up. In record time he reached the window.

"Can you go find one where I can see what's happening? Come back when you find one."

He then scurried off, and I waited, hoping not to be seen. It felt like forever before he came back. I was worried I missed most of the fun, but it was just beginning.

Jasper led me to a window. I had to scoot all the way there. The bricks against my palms caused them to bleed and blister. Poor Anthony had to scrape his hands on these very stones everyday. Poor Anthony, was inside with Manaphel and Ariel. He was running. For once, Manaphel wasn't wearing heels. She was however, wearing inhuman attire. She wore a set of dark robes and trousers which were bedazzled with various gemstones from Hell. She also had a pitchfork. That was not a trait of Hell, but something humans believed was there. Of course she did it for the irony.