Oridon, Manaphel and the Great Big Thing

I sat there until the early hours of the morning, right before dawn. Anthony should be at school. I hoped he was. Me on the other hand had no clue as to how to function. I was never meant to be like that.

And as the first rays of light came to the cross roads, that damned demon Manaphel came back. I curled back against a tree, hoping she wouldn't see me. She's got a fine eye though. Of course she did. Even worse she started to approach me. And even worse than that she wanted to talk to me.

"How d'ya balls feel, angel?"

I turned away from her and said, "I'm not talking."

"Ya talking now," she chuckled. She then crouched down next to me, way too close for comfort.

"No I'm not."

"Yes ya are."

"Hmph."

Manaphel poked my cheek. "Ya make the cutest little noises. They're cute. Do y'know who would really think ya cute?"

I continued to turn away from her. My balance was impeccable. So impeccable that it must have seemed purposeful when I face planted into the snow.

"Don't eat the yellow snow, angel."

"I don't trust you."

"Well I was about to tell you about a thing."

I paused for a moment. Did I want to know this thing?

Yes. Yes I did.

I rolled back over and asked, "What is this thing?"

"Well here's the thing about the thing. You're not going to like the thing. I think Anthony will like the thing though."

"What is that thing though?"

She put her hands on my shoulders. "Well."

"Well what? Come on!"

She did that demonic smirk she always does. I wonder if all demons smirk like that. Her smirk is special though. A scraggly scar ran up from her lip to her nose. She started to speak through clenched teeth, "The thing about the thing is that..."

"Tell me already!" I shouted as I pushed her away from me. I then sat up and brushed the snow off of me. She sat there watching me. Her lips parted slightly. I shocked a demon. I thought that was impossible for an angel to do. It was a wonderful feeling. I felt pleased with myself. What a bold move of me to do.

That went away quick.

"Y'know I'm not gonna tell ya if your rude to me. Don't yell. You're an angel. Ya shan't yell."

I squinted my eyes and smiled. Having that kind of authority over a demon felt amazing. I poked the middle of her forehead. "Yeah. Go ahead and tell me, demon. Stop playing games, would ya?"

She pursed her lips. Thinking. Who knew demons could think.

"What is it, demon?"

"I don't wanna tell ya now," she said, simply. She then got up and started to walk away.

"Where are you going?"

She shrugged and said, "I don't know. I'm probably going to get a drink. Maybe stir up more trouble."

"Okay, fine, come tell me. I'll be nice if you're nice."

She turned around and said, "Come with me. We're going to get a drink."

"I don't drink alcohol."

She looked me over. "Yeah, ya look like it. Why don't'cha come back to my place? You need clothes. Nobody will ever take ya seriously in that."