Chapter 17: First Meet

Start from the beginning

"Oh, just a minute." Ria was about to give him the money when Rishi suddenly came and yelled, "What so special about this thaal? We are localities. Don't think us of tourists."

"Sorry, Bhaiyaji. Here is your thaal." He gave him fifty rupees note and later handed the thaal to Ria. He then said, "Ria, better be careful." Ria nodded with a smile. Rishi asked," By the way, where is your best friend?"

"I m here. Why are you guys still here? Hurry up." Niharikha said while approaching from the front. Soon, the trio visited the temple. 

While coming back through the exit, a monkey suddenly snatched the prasad from Ria's hand. Ria was intensely petrified. At that moment, Rishi took a long stick from the corner and came in front of her to frighten the monkey away. He managed to take the prasad and was about to turn to hand the prasad when he felt a pair of hands tightly hold his left arm out of fear. 

He saw it was Ria's hands and she looked little unease. He calmed her down and slowly moved towards the exit gate.  On their way,  an old lady in her sixties saw them and said, "Very sweet couple. May God always keep you two together!"Saying so she left them behind. Niharikha was smiling from the back. 

Rishi and Ria looked towards each other in shock and were equally embarrassed. Ria quickly withdraw her hand and Rishi said,

"Get Niharikha soon, I m going to arrange the boats for us." Ria nodded and he went.

"Niharikha, why are you always away whenever I need you?" Ria asked her on seeing her at the exit gate.

"Why what did happen? Did I miss something?." Niharikha asked with amusement.

"First tell me, where were you earlier?" Ria interrogated.

"I was stuck with some call so could not catch up with you. Is everything alright? " Niharikha inquired.

"You won't believe what happened... when I was coming back from the temple... Girls, the boat is ready! Who wants to go on a ride?" Rishi interrupted in between their conversation.

"Me... Me first. " The duo were acting exactly like the kids. Niharikha got first into the boat followed by Ria. Ria was about to step down on the boat when her balance got lost and she was about to slip. Before she could fall, Rishi quickly pulled her and settled in the boat. 

"Are you fine? Did you get hurt somewhere?" He asked seriously.

"I'm absolutely fine. It's just that I somehow could not balance. Don't worry."

"You know guys, we now left Dashwamedh ghat. It is said that Lord Shiva's mother-in-law was worried that her son-in-law does not have an abode. For his wife, Goddess Parvati, Lord Shiva asked the demon, Nikhumbha to make a place suitable for his family at that place where Kashi Vishwanath Temple is present."

"That's true Bhaiya.. very few people know about such things. Are you from here?" The boat rider asked.

"Ji Bhaiya," Rishi replied. The boat left the riverfront and then moved towards the deeper part of Ganga. There are almost 88 ghats in  Benaras out of which most of them are bathing and puja ceremony ghats.

The river on its own was very clean and well maintained. The boat next moved towards Manikarnika ghat followed by Harishchandra ghat.