7. javi(air)

"I've never seen you wear these" Devin said picking up my glasses from my desk.

"Every time you come here, you start touching shit" I groaned.

It's only about three weeks into the semester and I'm drowning in work. I'm currently taking 5 courses: ASL, political science, college prep, American history, and dance. It's a Thursday, so I only had morning classes. Tuesday and Thursday are over by 1 for me, but there's so much work to do, and I hate weekend homework.

I've been writing this paper for political science for a few days now. Devin agreed to come over and help me, but instead he's trying to distract me.

"I wanna be touching you, but you said no."

"Devin" I straight faced.

"My bad, love."

Aubrey knocked on the door and Devin opened it. She had her hands covering her eyes.

"Is everyone dressed?"

"Bitch, what do you want" I laughed, while Devin went to sit on the futon.

"Bri and Anthony down the hall invited us to a picnic tonight, if you wanna go. I know you have work to do and stuff."

"We can go. This isn't due tonight. Just tell me what time, so I can get ready."

Aubrey closed the door as she walked out and sat back on the couch.

"How you gon' say I'm distracting you from working, then go to a picnic" Devin asked looking directly at me.

"Devin, if you don't want me to go, just say that."

"I don't want you to go."

"Too bad."

I got up from my desk chair and sat in his lap on the futon. He was sitting with his arms up and his legs parted so I had a comfy spot. Once I sat down, he wrapped an arm around my waist. I kissed his lips lightly, attempting to go back to my desk, but he wouldn't let me go.

He kissed me again, with more force this time. He began kissing my neck and my collarbone. I just knew he was going to leave a hickey. It wouldn't be the first. He knew to put them where nobody could see.

"Aubrey's in the living room" I whispered, not trusting my voice to be any octaves higher.

He pulled away, kissing my lips again and releasing me. I walked back to my desk to go back to my essay. My phone, which I left on the futon by accident, started ringing. Again.

I turned around to pick it up, and Devin had it in his hands, staring at the caller ID. "Who is it?"

"Javi."

"You can just decline it" I said turning around.

"Nah, Kiari, who is Javi?"

"Huh" I questioned even though I heard very clearly. I just didn't expect the question.

"You heard me. Who is Javi?"

He was still calm. He never got angry at me. He would get irritated and I knew to give him space, but never angry where he would raise his voice.

"What do you mean who is Javi?"

"Yo, I ain't gonna lie to you Kiari, you 'bout to blow me."

I just stared at him. "How?"

"You acting like you don't know what I'm talking about. Anytime I'm with you and this nigga call, you hide the phone or hurry up and decline it. Ain't no nigga finna keep calling if you ain't answering."