12. friendsgiving

Hanging around Devin and CJ introduced Aubrey and I to a lot of people, mostly black people. Our school didn't have very many black people, so the black people pretty much knew each other.

Today, Aubrey and two of our friends in our dorm were going to Friendsgiving at our friends apartment off campus. I'm not sure if Devin and CJ would be there.

"Bring your ass, Aubrey. Bri's waiting."

Aubrey always took forever to get ready. Once Aubrey walked out of her room, she and I headed down the hall to Bri's room. The four of us walked down to Bri's car, since she was the only one of us who brought a car.

It was evening on a Saturday night, and most people would usually be partying. Instead, we decided to have a makeshift Thanksgiving with our friends. Once we arrived to Deja's house, where the dinner would be held, we all got out. Most people brought something, even if it was something small. I brought a cake and Audrey brought a pie, both store bought. Bri had drinks while Anthony, our friend who came here with us, had napkins and plastic ware.

Walking in, we spoke to everyone. Not very many people were here yet. The event started at 7 and it was just now 7:15, even though we knew most people would be late.

We all stood around talking to one another as more and more people started to show up. People came up to Aubrey and I asking about CJ and Devin. Over time, people started to notice the four of us always being together. Truthfully, I didn't know where they were. I didn't even know they were coming.

Devin and I hadn't spoken since our argument on Wednesday. He would view my snapchat story, but that was it. No direct communication, and quite frankly, it's driving me crazy.

I miss him.

Cameron, one of the guys that was always around, gathered us around to begin eating. There were so many options on the table, very few being visibly homemade. I made my plate with Aubrey trailing closely behind me. Once we had the food that we wanted, we went to sit and eat. Our table was full, some of the people being ones we never actually knew the names of.

As we continued to eat and socialize about everything, but nothing at the same time, I heard people coming in the door.

"Okay, Mr.Put It On."

I turned my head to see CJ walking through the door. And there he was, following close behind.

"Y'all niggas late everywhere" another guy joked, standing up to greet them. They just laughed continuing conversation, before walking to see what was left to eat.

They left the kitchen with their plates looking for a place to sit, when CJ noticed Aubrey.

"Damn, these niggas stop talking and you start avoiding me, huh" CJ joked, sitting beside Aubrey. The people at our table had gotten up and started moving around, talking to people.

Devin sat on the other side of CJ. He was dressed nice, like he was taking photos or something.

"Nigga, you been avoiding me" Aubrey defended. I picked up my phone, completely zoning out. I didn't want to engage, because I didn't want Devin to look at me too much. He always made me nervous.

"We'll be right back" I heard Aubrey say as her and CJ walked away from the table with Bri and Anthony. I sighed, feeling Devin's eyes on me. I heard him chuckle before he moved his seat to sit where Aubrey sat; right beside me.

"You not gonna talk to me?"

I just looked at him in confusion. "You decided not to talk to me."

He chuckled lightly at my response.

"Let me talk to you outside right quick."

Slightly reluctant, I stood up with a sigh, following him outside. On the way out, I saw Aubrey and CJ walking back in. Aubrey made a confused face at me and I just lifted my phone to signal that I would text her, so she nodded.

"We about to dip out, bro" Devin said, dapping up CJ.

"Alright. I'll take Aubs home after this."

"Nigga, I don't wanna go home. It's Saturday" she contorted.

"You going home. Your ass need to be studying" CJ responded as they walked to the door and we walked to the car.

"I didn't agree to go anywhere. You said you wanted to talk."

"Why you on this, Kiari, damn? You cried about me giving you space, now you complaining about me spending time with you" he said while opening my door for me. He closed it, going around and getting in on the driver's side.

I folded my arms across my chest after buckling my seatbelt. He was right, but I was still upset.

"I leave in the morning, so I wanted to spend time with you" he said pulling out of the apartment complex.

I just looked out the window. I didn't want him to know that I missed him so much more.

He glanced over at me once we reached a stoplight. "I miss you, Kiari."

I looked at him and the light turned green. I noticed him driving to his apartment. His apartment wasn't too far from Deja's. It was actually on the same street, just a different turn. He parked the car in front of his place and we got out.

Once we got inside, it was empty.

"Colin went to Dallas for the weekend" he told me, basically saying we had the house to ourselves. I nodded, walking up to his room. I went to sit in his gaming chair, like I always do.

"Why you so far" he said, pulling the gaming chair closer to him on the edge of the bed.

"I don't want to talk to you, Devin. That's why."

"What's the problem, love?"

I stared at him in confusion. "Devin you haven't talked to me in days. Now, all of a sudden, I'm supposed to want to be all hugs and kisses? Fuck that."

He stared me in my eyes, and I could clearly see he was high or something. "I'm sorry, baby. You told me you needed time. I wanted you to have that time, but I miss the fuck out of you."

I stared in his eyes. He looked more drunk than high. "Are you drunk?"

"Come on, Kiari" he sighed.

"Yes or no, Devin?"

He stared at me, chuckling lightly. "Not really. I had something to drink at the thing, but I'm not drunk. I am high, though."

I stared at him. I didn't feel like yelling or complaining, but why would he drive after he had drinks?

"Are you okay" I asked, genuinely. I watched him chuckle again, before he rubbed his hands down his face. I stood from the chair to stand between his legs, hugging his neck.

"We I just wanna spend time with you. We can talk about that other shit later."

He wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my belly button.

"No, what's wrong? You're high and drunk, yet you thought it was okay to not only drive yourself, but to drive me too. There's something wrong with you, Devin."

"I just told you I'm good, love" he said standing. He went to the restroom. Once he came out, his shirt was off. He took the shirt to his laundry hamper in his closet before walking over to me. He grabbed my waist, pulling me closer.

"You're so beautiful to me, Kiari" he said, looking into my eyes while keeping his hands rested on my waist. I looked down to hide my smile. "Nope."

Just like every other time, he lifted my head with his index finger, but this time he left it there. He kissed me with no hesitation.

"It's just me and you tonight" he whispered in my ear. I could feel my heart beating through my chest.

sharks.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें