━━ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯

Comincia dall'inizio

"Oh, please? I already missed the Afanc; I think it's my turn to go on a fun adventure with you."

"Despite what I said in the room, I would hardly classify this as fun." Ceasing movement, Arthur rolled his eyes as her expected behavior, believing that her lust for adventure would one day be her downfall. "And need I remind you, you missed the Afanc because you were dying, which is precisely why you're not coming. I'm not about to see anything like that happen to you again."

"You're out of your ever-loving mind if you for a second believe I'd ever let you go out there alone." Her tone mirrored his own, perfectly matched, and his eyes narrowed as a result. "You could get yourself killed without proper help and I'm not about to see anything like that happen to you either."

"I've dealt with far worse than a Cockatrice. You needn't worry about me, you know."

"You're telling me not to worry?" Incredulity painted her freckled visage. "Me?"

"Right, I tend to forget that's a constant state for you," he murmured, chuckling under his breath as he considered the lengths such care could go. "But yes, I'm telling you not to worry. I've been trained to kill since birth—you never need to worry about me."

Her figure, tense as stone, mollified slightly as a breath passed through cerise lips. "Perhaps I shouldn't and maybe I don't need to, but I always do."

Something undetermined momentarily embossed his sharp features, eyes of azure bleeding aureate in the light which made it much easier to see. "Just wait for me, and I promise I'll be back soon."

"An oath you'd best keep to, or I swear upon every grave our earth holds, I will kill you."

His brow arched as he pondered her words, a threat he couldn't quite fathom out. "How will you manage that if I'm already dead?"

"I'd find a way."

Despite the cruel mists or cordolium veiling their world in shadow, despite how it gnawed at their hearts unrelenting, the vehemence and certainty in her words birth laughter and blithe from Arthur's chest. More often than not, to all she knew, her presence brought forth a sense of gaiety that he remembered feeling for eons past, even in times of great trials. Sometimes he wondered if such a person, one so luminary, was truly one of the many seraphim whispered to dwell among mortals.

When he left the dawn behind in the lambent hall and made way to embrace the obscure night, he believed the whilend quarrel between them to be won and buried, but unbeknownst to Arthur, the depths of her thoughts echoed plans of their own.

"HAS THAT ILLNESS SNUFFED away your intelligence or have you really always been this stupid?"

"Yes."

The flash of sunset dressed in earthy hues maneuvering throughout the home caused a strenuous puff of air to brush past the sun-kissed man's parted lips, eyes wallowing like a ship of the high seas and a furious vein beneath the flesh of his neck throbbing as a beating heart. How she always managed to elicit a rise out of him by way of sarcasm and wit, without fail, truly was a gift forged from the depths of hell itself.