"The best I've ever had," Bash finishes for himself.

"Whatever we did, we have to keep doing that." I chuckle and unconsciously run my fingers through his hair.

One of Bash's arms tighten around my back while the other plays with my free hand. His only response is a muffled "mmhm."

"Hey Bash," I say after a long while of comfortable silence.

"Yeah," he mumbles so I know he's close to sleep.

"I'm sorry about your ex. You didn't deserve her anyways."

Bash lifts his head from my chest for the first time since he laid it down in the first place. He looks at me strongly, the same way he has been recently, most recently while I was clutching the bed sheets underneath him.

"No," he says softly, "I didn't."

"Did you love her?" I'm curious to ask.

He sits up so he's straddling me and leisurely runs his fingers over my stomach, painting his own picture for only him to see. "I don't even know what love is Sadie, but yeah at the time I thought I did."

"Do you have an idea what it is now?"

He shakes his head. "Do you?"

I bite my lip and think. Love is one of the greatest unanswered questions, not because no one knows what it truly is but because there's so many types. So many different answers and ways to prove it, that it's like a math equation. It's supposed to be simple but as you get deeper into it then it gets more and more confusing until the whole board is filled up with symbols that you don't even recognize and by the end of it your whole brain if fried.

"Love isn't a noun to be defined, I think it's a verb to be acted upon. It's when someone's happiness is more important than your own. Love is being faced with endless obstacles and how you overcome them. Love is having everything in the world but only wanting that single person. The way you can tell if you truly love someone is if your forced to live on the streets or stranded on an island or living in the arctic but not caring about where you are, as long as the person you love is besides you every step of the way."

Bash seems to think about my shot in the dark for a few minutes. As he takes his time I happily run my fingers up and down his arms, tracing his tattoos and wondering where each one came from. A bird taking flight, well that's easy. A music note that is also a heartbeat, of course. A compass surrounded by roses, odd. There are many more that I don't have the time to wander over because Bash finally speaks up, "I didn't love her."

"You'll find someone one day that you'll truly fall in love with. Everyone does, they just don't always know it until it's too late," I tell him.

He smiles amusedly at me. "I want to know where you got all these poetic thoughts in your head from." He leans down and softly kisses my temple.

I run my fingers up his neck which is covered in an orange lotus flower, surrounded by fire and down his back now where a large intricate skull takes up every inch. "I read a lot of books which give me an idea of love from multiple people's perspective."

"Nerd," he mumbles against my throat.

I laugh and gently push him off. "Jerk."

"Don't tell me something I already know," he says casually, his hands folded behind his head.

I roll my eyes and jump out of bed, searching on the ground for his shirt.

"I'm hungry, do you want me to make you anything?" I ask pulling the large black shirt over my naked body.

"You'll cook for me?" He asks surprised. "I thought only wives do that."

I point an accusing finger at him. "That's sexist mister but I'll let it pass this time. But no, friends can do it too."

"Well in that case I want a grilled cheese. I'm in the mood for something hot," he says, his eyes raking over my legs and sexily biting his lip.

"Grilled cheese coming right up," I holler as I leave his bedroom, thankful to be gone from under his lustful stare.

I hop down the staircase, feeling light on my feet and a new joyous feeling over coming me. Whatever Bash did, it was amazing.

I hum a nameless tune as I prepare the food, a smile never leaving my lips. This weekend is going to be good. After I cure my grumbling stomach than me and Bash will take a shower together and hole up in his room until his Dad and stepmom get off work later tonight. Then I'll go home, finish the book that I've been reading and maybe start a new drawing, then tomorrow I'll go to the bookstore and get a few new books that I've been dying to read. Of course I'll stick myself inside a book or two for the weekend and possibly call Bash to catch up again. This weekend is going to be amazing.

Softly singing an old classic, I plop the sandwiches down on two plates and pour each of us a glass of ice cold water. We need to get re-hydrated after our workout just now.

I hear Bash turn the corner into the kitchen, courtesy of the creaking floor boards.

"I hope you like the taste of water," I tease, "and where do you hide your chips? I'm craving sea salt and vinegar right now." I pick up my own glass of water, taking a generous sip from it.

"Sadie?"

The sound of his voice makes my fingers slip and the glass to fall to the floor, shattering on the old wood floors.

"Sadie," he says more sternly, demanding for me to turn around.

And that's exactly what I do, ever so slowly and feeling the fear creeping into my bones.

"Lucas?"

...
So tell me what you think!!!

And yes prettienpinkprincess guessed it a couple chapters back so I had to delete your comments haha I'm sorry but I wanted everyone to find out at this moment together:)