But, when did he ever listen to me?

Tugging my arms, he picked me up and in a blink of eye I was on the couch with him beside me.

Before I could say or do anything, I heard Mumma's voice " What happened? "

Hearing my mother's voice, All my anger and tears came running back

" Nandini, what happen? Why are you crying" She asked with a worry, taking long strides towards me but I moved further away from her and more closer to Manik, who was sitting beside me

In all this, Angry tears were filled on my face.

I couldn't move much far because of Manik, so she came and touched my arms in confusion, only to realise what must have happened.

" Nandu, I am sorry. Come to me " she uttered, her voice filled with worry and concern

By then, I was a crying mess, so I spoke angrily " no, dont talk to me. I'm not speaking to you"

She didn't said much only made me hug her and a moment or two later, I got the peace that my mother is here only.

After a while, she whispered " Come lets go to your room. You need to take rest"

" No " I shooked my head

" Ok, atleast eat something. You have to take medicine also, right?" Mumma said to which I whined but nevertheless ended up drinking a little milk and bread for the sake of having medicine.

All this while, I could feel everyone gaze on me, but I wasn't in my senses because of the fever and bodyache.

The doctor came after a while and prescribed me the same medicine which I've already taken. As I often get sick, so I knew what this doctor would prescribe.

Once I took the medicine, Mumma again persuaded me to go to the room, but the mere idea of bed was making me more sick as I was feeling more comfortable on the couch

Shooking my head, I laid on the couch, resting my head on my mother's lap, while my leg on someone's thigh, which was apparently Manik's.

Any other day, I would have never took any kind of help from him but today my mind has lost the ability of  thinking.

I closed my eyes to have some sleep, when Mumma said " Nan-Nandini, remove your le-"

Before she could complete, Manik interrupted her "Its okay Mumma. Let her be comfortable "

The medicine has started its work, making me sleepy.

" Mumma, my feets are aching " I whined in my sleep to my mother who was massaging my head with some oil.

Before she could reply or do anything, A pair of hands started pressing my feets, I didn't have to open my eyes to look down because I knew exactly who it is.

I didn't wanted him to do anything for me, but damn he was pressing it just the way I wanted. I couldn't help but smile a little and dozed off.

--------------------

My sleep broke, when I heard someone whispering or more like talking in a low voice

Comcentrating a little, I heard my mother " Manik, I'm sorry. You should go with your friends, I can take care of her "

" Its ok Mumma, Its totally fine. You don't worry about that " he said softly

" But-" Mumma continued but I turned a little that made her stop speaking

Her all attention came to me, I looked around to find no one in the living room except me, Mumma and Manik.

I was feeling a little better, so I tried to sit, in which my mother helped me