Containing Garfiel

Start from the beginning

Mamoru: Sin can only be repaid with pain.

Otto looked confused at Mamoru, but then he noticed something.

Mamoru was holding an arm in his hand, it looked like it had been perfectly cut off from someone's body, but there wasn't even a single drop of blood coming from it.

Otto then looked at his arm, or to be more accurate where his arm used to be.

It was gone, it was gone completely.

Otto's face slowly shifted into a terrified look as he took a step back.

But then he completely shattered as small pieces of him fell to the ground.

He wasn't even able to utter a scream in the state he was in, but he could still move his eyes slightly.

He looked up at Mamoru, who was sitting on the bench still holding his arm with a calm smile on his face.

Mamoru: Ah~ That's nice, isn't it? You don't feel any pain, do you? It seems like it's no longer malfunctioning, but I'm a rather...Careful person, so I'll make sure to use it sparingly.

Mamoru then let go of Otto's arm, as it fell on the ground it shattered like the rest of his body did just seconds ago.

Mamoru: Guess you're somewhat similar to my Father then? That's nice then, it means that I can have atleast moderate trust in you. Frankly, that's more than any other person present in the Sanctuary right now.

Otto wanted to say something, Otto wanted to move even a single inch, but he couldn't. He couldn't do any of those things.

He didn't feel any pain, but feeling this disconnected and so powerless made Otto feel extremely unpleasent.

Mamoru: Oh right, guess I should put you back together now. Would be a bit problematic if someone saw us like this, wouldn't you agree?

Mamoru then proceeded to kick the shattered Otto, which caused a pink heart to fly out of the kick.

When the heart dissapeared, Otto was standing with a confused expression on his face.

He took a good few seconds to look all over his body, checking whether or not anything was missing.

He then looked at Mamoru with a expression filled with fear.

Mamoru didn't say anything, but he simply smiled as he motioned Otto to leave now, to which the young merchant happily agreed to.

*later*

Once again it was the afternoon, this was going to be Emilia's second attempt to beat the trial.

So what happened this time?

She failed, obviously.

Once again she left the tomb with tears in her eyes, having been beaten by her past once again.

Mamoru couldn't help but roll his eyes.

*later*

Subaru: Are you sure that this would work? Garfiel isn't a pushover.

This was Subaru's and Mamoru's plan of action, Mamoru would subdue Garfiel, ensuring that Garfiel won't become a possible threat in the future. Then they would travel to the mansion and along with the help of Beatrice theu would beat Elsa and Meili and maybe possible other assassins depending on Roswaal. After that they arrive back to the Sanctuary to defeat the Great Rabbit which would allow Emilia to have enough time to beat the trials.

Mamoru: Maybe that's true, but I'm diffirent from Garfiel, he relies on pure power alone, so beating him won't be an issue.

Subaru looked at Mamoru with a slightly skeptical look on his face, but he relented with a defeated sigh and allowed Mamoru to subdue Garfiel.