I ain't clowning. {12}

Start from the beginning

"You have to or he won't believe it's from me. My Jacey Wacey Cousie Poo needs his hello." A pout forms on her face as Andy holds back a chuckle.

"Jace is close to Colt. He's like a father figure to the kid, and probably the closest thing Ollie has to a cousin or a relative her age." He glances over at Ollie. "And she takes it a bit too far."

I'm not sure if I should feel sorry for this poor guy or just relieved that Zany hasn't evolved past that in the almost nineteen years I've known her.

Ollie rolls her eyes as I round my bike and lean against it next to her. Now that I'm packed and ready to go, tomorrow can't get here fast enough. This is by far the best gift my dad has ever gotten for me. Tattoos are fucking expensive, plus the motel stays down in Freecaster. We'll be getting back just in time for the surprise party I'm not supposed to know about.

"You ready?" Dad asks as he pockets his phone inside his jacket.

"Almost. Ollie wants before and after pictures." I raise my right hip just enough to pull my phone out of my back pocket and hold it out to my dad.

Ollie's face blooms with excitement as Dad takes the phone, and I slip out of my leather jacket. I quickly reach up and yank my faded blue shirt over my head and drape it across the back of my bike. Ollie leans over and rests her arm on my bare shoulder before I wrap mine around her waist and smile at the camera. Ollie beams so bright with joy while she points to my pec that it seems as if the sun dulls in her presence. Dad clicks a couple of pictures before I quickly get redressed.

I swing my leg over my bike to straddle it and pull my helmet off the handlebars.

"Good luck and be safe." Ollie leans over and wraps her arms around me in a warm hug. A waft of a sweet floral scent fills the air around me.

"I will, and behave yourself while I'm gone." I give her a playful wink before pulling my helmet on.

Ollie pulls away and pats the top of my black helmet, making it fill with a clunking sound. "I make no promises."

I shake my head as I watch my dad get on his bike. I tell Ollie a quick goodbye before dad kicks off and races out of our drive. A cloud of dust plooms behind him.

Fucker. He's trying to make me panic.

I rev my bike and speed off behind him. The rumble of my bike roars around me as the wind pushes against me. A smile crosses my face when I give one last glance in my side mirror. Andy sneaks up behind Ollie as she watches me leave and wraps his arms lovingly around her waist, spinning her around. By the way Ollie's face scrunches up; I can tell she's screaming and laughing.

The sight of her laughter brings a smile to my face. I have to tear my gaze away if I want a chance in hell of catching up to my old man.

With hefty throttle, I blast around a corner and find my dad. It's a two-hour drive down to Freecaster, and most of it is on the turnpike with the view of the gorgeous Atlantic coast to my left.

It's too bad Ollie couldn't come. She would have loved the ride with the salt air blowing through those curls. Though, she makes this trip often to visit her Uncle Colt.

When we finally get to Freecaster, we take the first exit that leads to the upper west side. It's still pretty remote and not a part I've seen before. The area seems a bit run down, but it's no surprise to me. Dad and I can't exactly afford to stay at the Marriot. But when he pulls into a two-story motel with a big ass clown sign on the front, I do start to wonder if he picked this particular place on purpose. We pull up in front of the glass reception area of the motel. The windows are cracked but sealed back shut with duct tape. If it weren't for the fact that the parking lot has vehicles in it, I would start to wonder if this place is condemned.