The body behind him had their eyes still wide open, but faded, from the sudden attack. Half of their neck was gone so their head was practically about to fall off.

   "This is what real life looks like. This will be all you see when you grow older instead of some video game horror shit."

   His voice came out hoarse and stern. Your eyes began to leak, all you wanted was to go home to be covered with a warm, soft blanket. But you couldn't say anything.

You had gotten so cold that all that could come out was warm breaths. Your lips were numb.

   "I can't... I can't go home with you." He spoke in a slow melody, his voice cracking sounding as if he were about to cry.

He's never exactly been one to cry or mourn. Dorin had always been known as the life of the party, the only happiness left when all seemed lost. He was also quite the charmer for the ladies as well, but let's not talk about that.

He turned back around and looked down at the body. When they were alive, the last thing they had done was attack you, an omnivore, with punches, kicks and choking grips to your neck. It wasn't surprising in this world for a twelve-year-old to have done all of this to another boy his age. The excuse would be that he had been defending himself, even when in reality he was just being a fucking brat. The one that would be found guilty of the death, if you're lucky, would be Dorin.

"Just go tell mom and dad that... I was held back by some friends."

He turned fully around, allowing you to see a strained smile on his face. His eyes and face structure were peculiar due to his biological mother being a komodo dragon. Your mother was his step-mother, but he loved her the way a son would anyway.

You hesitantly ran back home. Without your big brother.

The three of you, Jack, Legoshi and yourself, were playing a board game with two other herbivores.

You hadn't known Jack as long as Legoshi had, but you were still good friends. You both actually talked over the phone more than you did in person. That's okay with him, as long as he gets to talk to you.

On the TV, news about a 23 year old gazelle being devoured by a carnivore last night covered the screen. It made the two herbivores in the room a tad bit uneasy as they were hanging out with carnivores (and an omnivore). They left abruptly, not really giving any excuse other than leaving them with "you guys win".

Legoshi was disappointed, and so was Jack. As for you and the coyote, you weren't too moved from their fear. It was a usual thing.

"Don't worry, it's nothing unusual." Durham told Jack as Legoshi pet his head.

You weren't one to comfort, so all you could really do was awkwardly stare at everything going on. You had nothing to say, to do, to share, you were an omnivore. Almost anyone would treat you as a plant eater unless something like this; another devouring happens. It was something you've gone through a lot already, but you didn't have too many herbivore friends anyway. The neglect of a stranger didn't affect you, as long as you were emotionally stable.

   "Jack, I'm sure they'll get over that fear soon."

   "Huh?" The dog looked to you in curiosity "What do you mean by fear?"