34.3: Day One

Sunrays fell over a sleepy soul, who was lying on the bed with a wide smile. Her face was illuminated with a serene beauty as if there was no problem in the world. As the rays danced over her eyes, she opened them and rubbed them with a pout.

Muttering curses to Sun God, she woke and looked aside, at her bedside clock, only to get shocked.

God! It's 12:00 noon. She has been sleeping for so long. Why didn't anyone woke her? Thinking to scold her family, she got up from bed, only to hear a giggling sound from the hall.

With fast steps she reached hall and saw her family members surrounding HIM. She felt rage inside her burning.

Ishani hugged him saying you are the best brother. And her mother and father too praised him for god knows why.

She stomped her feet and went near them.

"What's going on here?", She narrowed her eyes at her family.

"Nothing. A family meeting can't you see?", Uma said in a harsh voice.

Riddhima's jaw dropped at her tone.

"Hey. Who are you by the way?", Ajay asked.

She widened her eyes. Oh they must be kidding. She then chuckled at them.

"Is this girl insane?", Ishani asked.

"What are you all saying? I am your family member. How can you forget me?", She shouted.

They laughed together. Riddhima felt relieved after knowing it was a prank. But the next words shocked her.

"Look child, I think you have hit your head somewhere. We are only four members. Me, my wife and my two child.", Ajay said while pointing towards Ishani and Vansh.

"Vansh is not your child, I am", she yelled with tears.

"What nonsense! He is our son. Who are you? Get out of the house. Vansh throw this girl out!", Uma shouted and Riddhima looked at them in disbelief.

Vansh held her hand and marched towards the gate. He pushed her out and smirked at her.

"You must be thinking what suddenly happened, right?", He said in a devilish voice.

Riddhima though in fury, wanted to know the reason. She nodded and Vansh smirked more.

He took out a chained watch from his pocket and showed her.

"I hypnotised them.", He shouted in a devilish voice.

A devilish laughter was heard in background as Vansh went on to hypnotise Riddhima while moving the chained watch in front of her eyes.

"You are hypnotised. You will do, what I will order you.", Vansh ordered and Riddhima nodded being lost.

"Speak, I am no one to this family.", Vansh said.

"I am no one to..", Riddhima being lost repeated.

"Noooo!", Riddhima shouted and jerked herself. She opened her eyes and found herself on her bed.

Was it a dream? She sighed in relief.

Just then she heard a sound of laughter near her. She looked in front, only to find Ishani and Vansh standing there with a chained watch.

Oh god. Is he a hypnotic in real? She thought and looked at him with fear.

"What happened Riddhima? Saw a nightmare?", He asked innocently while placing the watch in his pocket.