14: Vanya

"Papa... catch me if you can..."       (giggling sound)

"Vanya..slowly..Vanya.."                     (Vansh shouting)

"Mumma, see papa can't catch me!"   (giggling)

Gunshot.

"VANYA!"                                                   (Vansh and Riddhima shouts together)

Vansh woke up abruptly, panting. He was breathing heavily.. He switched on his side table lamp and saw the time in his watch.

"2: 50 a.m.", he reads and wipes his sweat.

He tried to close his eyes..

"Vanya!! Open your eyes Vanya!!"      (Riddhima crying)

He opened his eyes jerking.. He cannot see it again.. he cannot feel the pain again and again, every night. He wiped his tears and went out of room. He came across a room, which seemed to be closed for decades. He opened the door, and dust appeared. He coughed and  waved off the dust.

He switched on lights and entered the deserted room.. and heard those voices again..

"Vansh.. I am pregnant!"      (Riddhima's voice)

"Papa..papaa.."          (giggling)

"Vansh control your daughter, she is troubling me a lot now!"          (Riddhima's voice)

"Vansh! Leave me.. Vanya will see.. Vansh!"            (Riddhima's voice)

"Papa.. I love you.. you are the best papa in the world"         (little girl's voice)

He heard those voices again. He closed his ears tightly from his palm, so as to prevent those words..but those words were coming from his mind..

"I hate you! I hate you Vansh!"             (Riddhima shouts)

"Riddhima, I didn't do it!"                      (He heard his own voice)

"Shut up! You killed her! You killed my Vanya!"        (Riddhima cries)

"Riddhima..she was my daughter too..why are you saying this?"            (Vansh panics)

"You can't leave your world for us? It was you, who killed her! It was your work.. you are responsible Mr Vansh RaiSinghania.. And I am done! I am done with you!" (Riddhima shouts)

Enough! He can't take it now.. He stormed out of the room and closed the door with the thudd. He entered his new bedroom, which was away from all those memories, all the pain, all the feelings. He opened the bottle of beer and swallowed it in one go. He took another one and then another... 

This was the only way, he could lessen his pain. The only possible way, where he would enjoy his previous life.. with his lifelines. Now he was alone..all alone.. Now the mansion was filled with horror silence. The mansion, which was always filled with the laughter of his sister, blessings of his dadi, shoutings of his little trouble maker and love of his wife..that mansion was now deserted.. It had nothing..it had become lifeless, just like his life, without his lifelines.

It all started 6 years ago.. Vansh RaiSinghania, the most famous business tycoon, who ruled underworld, who was ruthless, heartless, dangerous, arrogant, rude and what not.. His whole life revolved around three things..Guns, blood and screams. He had a family, he had a Dadi and a loving sister, but he was engrossed in his works so much that he never spared enough time for his only family. After his father's death, he had taken all the responsibilities over himself. Under a tender age, he started his father's underworld business. He experienced such scenes, such shrewd people, such things, that his faith over god and love died. According to him love and god was just a myth. He cared for his dadi and his sister Ishani, who was handicapped, but he was afraid of loving them. According to him, the ones he loved, always left him.. According to him, he was cursed, he was not worthy of love. That's why he stopped believing in love and stopped loving everyone.