022

𝟐 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨
𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐇𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐬| 𝟏𝟒
𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞

"Lay you wanna watch dis movie with me." Saige asked Malaysia as she walked in the door from school.

"Ohh I was actually finna go out with pri today mom." Malaysia paused.

"Oh umm I was hoping to spend some time witchu that's all." Saige played it off secretly wanting to spend time with her daughter.

Malaysia still wasn't aware her mom had cancer and didn't know the little time she had with her. She was a teenager now so she spent more time out with her friends and outside.

She didn't wanna be snuggled up in the house with her mom.

"Can we watch it later ma since I already told pri and them I could meet them." Malaysia sighed and Saige nodded.

"Yeah." She coughed.

"Go ahead be back in the house before 8:30 tho."

"Okay mama I will love you." Malaysia walked up to her kissing her cheek before leaving out of her room.

𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫-

"I glad I can finally bring you here missy." Saige joked to Malaysia as they walked down the trail at the park.

"My bad mama you know I be busy." Malaysia laughed.

"Oh I know you growing up on me you'n even wanna hang out wit me no more." Saige spoke.

"It's not that, I don't know I just- it's fine lay I know your growing up and you." She paused coughing.

"You got friends now." She said and Malaysia scrunched up her face.

"You okay mom." She nervously laughed.

"Yeah girl I'm fine walk up the mountain right there."

"Okay." They walked up the mountain trail and went to the top looking down at the water.

"Isn't this nice." Saige sat in the grass and Malaysia sat next to her.

"Yeah"

"It's peaceful here." She smiled.

"I know I been tryna get you to come her wit me for years it's real nice." Saige smiled as well.

"I gotta tell you sum lay." Saige sighed looking over at Malaysia and Malaysia raised her eyebrow.

"What? Watchu gotta tell me ma."

"Before I tell you I don't want you to get upset or anything I want you to just calm down and breathe okay." Her mother spoke seriously.

"What is it mom?"

"You heard what I said Malaysia."

" yes now can you tell me." Malaysia spoke giving her, her full attention.

"I have stage 3 leukemia." Saige said looking out into the water and Malaysia's heart shattered.

"C-cancer" her voice cracked and Saige nodded as tear filled her eyes.

"Your dying mama?" Malaysia's voice cracked as she moved closer to Saige.

"Please tell me your not dying on me mama. Please." Her eyes filled with tears as she didn't know what to do.

Saige felt extremely guilty and couldn't even look at her daughter. She felt she was the cause of her daughter's pain that was about to be brought upon her and she wished things weren't like this.