She chuckles and grabs her helmet, walking away from me as I see her slowly disappear in a sea of men.

I sigh, turning on my heels and making it to my horse. I climb on, immediately getting it into a gallop as I ride up the hill, seeing several dozen men on horseback already waiting.

"Where is the Black Lion?"

I shout.

~~~~~

Adwin Lannister sits on a throne like chair and I kneel before him.

"Thank you for receiving me, noble lord."

He raises his hand, waving.

"Please. Please speak plainly. I enjoy to speak plainly. It is simple and dull."

He grins. His army surrounding me don't say anything but watch as I stare at the Lannister man in his black armor.

"I have waited all morning...all the night...for your surrender. It would have saved a great deal of..unease had it come sooner."

"I know you do not speak for Tywin."

Adwin frowns at me.

"I do speak for Ty-"

"I know you do not speak for your brother, so I come to you now directly. I have not come to surrender."

I say and I see an angry fire light on the man's face as his pale sickly skin starts to turn red in anger.

"Too much blood will be spilled on this field today. So, I propose this: you and I fight one against another. We fight in our armies' stead. If I lose, my men will return North and never come back. You will have my head."

For a moment, he seems intrigued.

"If I win...well... You already know."

I say that last part in a cold tone and the intrigue immediately disappears from his face, anger back within a flash.

"Are you scared, little girl?"

So he resorts to that. Typical.

"Do you accept or not?"

"Are you scared of this battle? There is no shame in it."

He presses some more. I stand up, glaring at the Black Lion.

"Save your men."

"You save your men. You came here to me! Surrender to me!"

He shouts angrily, standing from his throne like chair.

"I won't do that."

I say calmly and he seethes angrily, a hate filled grin plastered on his face.

"Well then, Lady Dayne, let us make famous that field out there. This stupid little field in the middle of nowhere. It will forever mark the place of your callow disgrace."

~~~~~

I ride back quickly, seeing my few thousand men all lined up, everything prepared. I ride to the front of them, seeing them all looking at me in waiting.

"You expect of me a speech?"

I shout in question.

"Well, I only have one to give, and it is the same one I'd give were we not standing on the brim of the battlefield. It is the same one I'd give were we to meet in the street by chance!"

My voice echos across the open field and I feel my confidence boost tremendously, no longer feeling the tiredness from before.

"I have only ever hoped for one thing and that is to see the North free from those who'd want us on our knees!"

I climb down from my horse as to join them, to show them I am no different.

"All people, men and women, are born to die, we know it. We carry it with us always."

I move along the long lines.

"If your day is today, so be it! Mine will be tomorrow... I mine today and yours tomorrow, it doesn't matter."

I turn sharply, moving through the rank as to be even closer with them, to show them that I do not view myself above them, for I will fight with them in this mud every step of the way.

"What matters is that you know, in your hearts, that today you all stand as a Kingdom united. You are the North! Each and everyone of you, the North is you! And it is the space between you!"

I move around at a faster pace, looking into the eyes of my men as to further drive my point.

"Fight not not for yourselves, fight for that space! Fill that space! Make it tissue and let it grow! Give it mass! Make it impenetrable! Make it yours!"

I downright scream at them as I turn to face the open field, the Lannisters on the other side.

"Make it yours!"

I shout as loud as I possibly can, hoping that the fuckers can hear me and the roars of my men.

"Make it yours!"

I walk back to my horse, turning back around and smile at my men.

"Great men to it, Captains, Lords. Great men to it!"

~~~~~
A/N

I thought that was a pretty rad speech. Hope you guys like it. Guess what's coming the next chapter? Lol.

Questions or comments are very much appreciated and I will answer them.

Thank you for reading!