Yet there was no sign of overconfidence coming from Eric, on the contrary. His hackles rose instantly, teeth bared in an aggressive display as we slowly started circling one another.

One second we were on opposite ends of one another, the next charging forwards. I snapped at his paws, forcing him to lunge backwards to avoid getting bit.

However, I had to yank back as well, as his teeth snapped shut a breath away from my nose. Grabbing my muzzle would've rendered me severely disadvantaged against anything he wanted to dish out.

My tail flicked in appreciation once more, once again starting to circle around Eric. This time he was the one to go on the offensive as venomous snarls slipped from both of us.

Too late did I realize that he didn't full out lunge but actually faked into a bunny hop, allowing Eric to crash into my side and knock me on the floor.

Within seconds he was on top of me, jaws snapping shut inches from my face as I kicked back with my paws against his stomach, preventing him from latching on properly.

A sharp bolt of pain surged through my body as he managed to grab a mouthful of fur, but his timing was off, allowing his paws to slide from my chest and well within biting range.

There was a short struggle and a yelp of pain as my teeth sank into his flesh before he wisely kicked off. Otherwise I could've easily snapped down on his leg and caused some serious damage.

As it was, Eric lapped at his paw for a second as I got back up and shook the dirt from my own fur. Undoubtedly his confidence on getting the upper hand just received a painful jab, as I had forced him to release me.

Alright, play time's over.

Planting my paws on the soil and allowing my hackle to bristle to its full potential, a deep, low growl was aimed at Eric. His responding growl was less confident, cluing me in that he was all too aware that this time, I was the one who lead the fight.

As he tried to circle around, I lunged for his side. Tripping him up until we were a pile of rolling, snapping fur, not wanting to relent or surrender to the other.

A whimper escaped when teeth latched onto my ear but I retaliated by snatching Eric's knee between my jaws.

His following yelp of agony made him back away, allowing me to twist in his hold and bite down onto his scruff. Fighting back against the instinct to instantly start shaking my head, I instead struggled to hold on firmly as Eric tried valiantly to escape the hold.

His leg buckled under his weight before he collapsed with my own wolf on top, holding onto him until he whined and lapped at my throat in complete submission.

I hopped off and watched him closely as he got back on his paws. Eric was clearly favoring the leg I had just snapped at, making me feel a bit guilty.

Waiting until we locked eyes, I pointedly glanced at his limp before whining apologetically. He merely huffed, giving his tail a good natured wag before hopping off the battle field past a very nervous Jason.

--- Jason's POV---

"Shit..." I muttered in shock when Eric gave up. Everyone had witnessed the expertise in which Eric was taken down, showing experience in battle that Eric didn't possess.

Neither did I.

"What the fuck dude... what is she made of? Are all rogues like this?" I whined over the link, hoping that at least someone has a fragment of advice.

Instead, I earned a snort of laughter from Eric as he hopped past me before laying down with a whimper. "I don't know but she's smart." He cringed when the pack medic arrived to inspect his leg. "And strong too. If this was a real fight, I would've been killed..."