00

╰ ┈ " 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 " ✎▫✧⭒...

------

A soft sigh leaves the mouth of a woman as she gently places down boxes on the floor. She wipes the sweat that dripped down her forehead as she decided to get a few more boxes before settling down. There were enough boxes in the living room, so she should probably unpack soon. (Y/n) smiled at the sight of everything. This was the fruit of her labors. This...was her new home, and despite how empty it seems right now, it'll eventually be cozy enough for her and guests.

The woman walked out the front door to stare at the front view of her home. It was an aged home with walls painted a creme color, a dark grey, and flowers decorating the front lawn. It was supposedly built in the early twentieth century, and apparently, everything is still moving and working in there. Of course, (Y/n) made sure the realtors did their job, making sure plumbing and heating systems were working and up to date.

It wasn't easy finding a house that was this affordable. (Y/n) had to scour all the listings to find a home that was in a suburban area, but was still close enough to metropolitan places. Homes that were this old were cheaper in the housing market, but honestly, how cheap can a house get in this day and age"? It was the twenty-first century, houses are a complete hassle to pay. The woman had to save up money from her profession to get enough to pay the downpayment.

Her parents pitched in somewhere in there, but they only paid about ten percent. Ninety percent of it was with her own money, and it took a few months, reaching up to a year, of saving up to get enough.

(Y/n) went towards the trailer, grabbed the smaller boxes, and finally closed it as soon as the task was done. The woman found herself walking up to the couch that was already brought to her home prior to her getting here. Her father helped her move in a day ago. He isn't here today because there were no more heavy things to carry. She didn't need his help for her last day of moving in.

She's got to give the old man some slack, anyway.

Her (e/c) eyes looked up at the ceiling above her. She takes in a few breaths to relax her body. She wanted to relax for a few more moments before she starts decorating the place with everything that's in the boxes. Shutting her eyes, (Y/n) manages to get a power nap in.

She starts daydreaming as she took in the darkness, but her eyelids immediately open once she heard a ping come from her phone. Groaning softly, she reached for the phone in her pocket before texting the person back. It was her boss, already eager to have her back to work.

The woman had requested a few days off so that she could get settled into her new home, but it appears that her boss wanted her back. Well...there was nothing she could do about it. The woman was as busy as she could get.

In the reply, (Y/n) wrote that she would be back as soon as Monday. Thankfully, her final day of moving in was a Friday, so she had the weekends to herself.

A tired sigh comes from her mouth as she pinched the bridge of her nose. (Y/n) stands up from the couch and started opening boxes with a box cutter she had placed on the table beside the couch. It took her a few hours to get the trinkets and decorations out of their boxes and in their own respective spots.

She made dinner for herself that evening, cleaning dishes afterward, before walking to the bedroom. There were boxes in here too. Her bed already had its covers, and she had already placed clutter items to liven the space. All she had to do was put her clothes away in this wardrobe the old owners left behind. There were other items that the past homeowners left behind, like an old record player, a bench in the backyard garden.