Chapter 19: Sweets

Start from the beginning

Few weeks has passed unknowingly. Jimin got adopted to his new place very quickly. Min family treated him like he was one of them. With them Jimin has learned the true definition of the word family.

At the end of the day , they walked leisurely towards their home. Yoongi liked to walk to their house in order to save the money used to transportation. Jimin didn't find it tiresome. Infact he was looking forward to it.

It was automn. The roads were covered with yellow leaves. With the evening sun rays on them it looked like a paradise. It was slightly cold but you would always feel the warmth when you are with the loved ones.

Jimin looked at Yoongi who was silently walking by his side. It was always like this. They never shared any conversation but Jimin always felt warmth around him. Yoongi is elder and mature than him. He has lost his father when he was only nineteen. Since then he had to look after his family. This proves his indifferent nature.

Yoongi always treated him well. He never questioned or doubted him.

"Hyung, Can I ask you a question?"

"Hm"

"Why did you never ask about my past?"

For this Yoongi turned to look at Jimin, who's nose was red because of the cold weather. Cute~

"Do you want to tell me?"

Jimin was silent for a moment then he shaked his head.

"No..."

"Then I won't ask."

They again silently walked side by side but Jimin stopped seeing a small Hotteok truck.

"Hyung see.. it's a Hotteok truck.. let's take some for So Hyun and twins.."

"Don't waste your money.. They won't be satisfied with few. They would ask you for more.."

Yoongi said with a cold voice. Jimin giggled.

"Hyung.. They are still children.. They love sweets.."

"Hhmp.. I never loved sweets as a child.."

"Really.. That's not bad anyway. So you won't miss them later..."

What did he mean.. Yoongi looked at Jimin who's taking few Hotteoks. Did he craved for sweets?

"Why is there only four?"

Yoongi asked while peeping to the paper bag.

"They are for So Hyun, twins and aunty"

"What about you?"

"I don't like to eat sweets now."

It was not that he doesn't like sweets but he didn't want to waste money.

"Hm"

Yoongi didn't ask any further. But for the first time he wanted to know what Jimin had went through.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

"So Hyun.... come here..."

Mrs. Min shouted from the kitchen. It was the same evening. Jimin was helping Mrs.Min to make the dinner. When Jimin moved to Min household, he offered to pay a rent but got severely rejected. So he would buy daily necessities from his money and help them with any thing he can.

So Hyun came down, annoyed by her mother's sudden call.

"What mother.....?"

"Come... help me to make the dinner..."

"Why me... Jimin hyung is helping you..." She whined.

"You are a girl.. Aren't you ashamed to let your hyung do house chaos.?"

"That's fine auntie.. I like to help you."

"I know Jimin-ah.. but she's a girl.. She should learn how to cook and do domestic works. Or else no man would marry her oneday."

So Hyun smirked.

"Don't worry mother. I will marry a girl who can cook and do house works for me..."

"Wh...what? " Mrs. Min was shocked. "So I would never be able to see my grand children?"

Mrs.Min looked dumbfounded. Her son came out as gay and now her daughter...!?

Taking advantage of her mother's shocked state So Hyun quickly tried to move away.

"Ask twins for grand children.." So Hyun told while running away. "They would give you plenty..."

The twins who were sitting on the kitchen counter playing with their toys started to shout playfully.

"Mother.. Don't be sad.. We will give you lots of lots of grand children.."

"Oh.. Shut up....."

Jimin couldn't help but laugh out loud. When you are with the Min family you'll always feel so happy. But one person was missing.

"Jimin-ah.. Did you see Yoongi?"

"He came with me after work but I don't know where he disappeared now."

Yoongi was like this. Always mysterious.

Before the dinner Jimin went to their room to see whether Yoongi has come back home. Min house was quite small so he had to share the room with Yoongi. As expected he found Yoongi in their room.

"Hyung where have you been? We were.."

"Here..."

Jimin was interupted by Yoongi who stuffed a paper bag in Jimin's hand. Jimin blinked.

"What's it?"

"It's to you." Then without saying any other thing he walked out of room leaving Jimin behind.

Jimin looked at the retreating Yoongi and look back at the paper bag. He opened the bag to see what's inside.

He took out the chocolate bar. The paper bag fell down on the floor neglected. Jimin tried to control his tears from falling. He hugged the chocolate bar and had an urge to hide it somewhere and never to eat.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇