Chapter 9: Job hunting

"What do you mean 'it's okay' Jimin..? It's totally NOT okay..."

Jimin winced at his overreacting hyung. "Hyung please calm down. You are scaring the customers"

Hoseok looked at the people in the club who were frowning at him. He sighed.

"Is it because of the sauce incident?"

"Yes... partly it is.."

"What's the other part then?"

Jimin scratched back of his head and looked down. He didn't know exactly what to say. "You see.. there's this old companion of mine who is not really in good terms with me... "

"So he wants to annoy you by kicking you out of your job..."

"Yeah.... something like that...."

"Something like that? You are acting like you have a treasure hidden in you home. Don't you feel bothered at all?"

"No. Because I indeed have a treasure hidden in my home." Jimin giggled.

"Huh?"

""Hyung.... I've saved some money. They would be enough untill I'll find a job."

"How much?"

"Mm... I couldn't remember but they will last atleast two months. So don't worry.." Jimin hugged his hyung and placed his chin in Hoseok's shoulder.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes.." No.. He exaggerated. He saved some money but they are not even enough for two weeks. But he can't say that to his overreacting hyung.

"Jimin do you think this old companion of yours would stop by this? According to what I realized he must be rich. So would he let go after this..?

"I don't know hyung.. but we will find out ah?"

" You little brat. Can't you even act bothered...."

Jimin giggled more. "Why would I be bothered when I have a hyung like you...."

"Don't you dare act cute. I'm worried about you here... Promise me Jimin you would call me anytime you need help..."

Jimin didn't want to remind him that he didn't have a mobile phone. He wanted to end this uncomfortable conversation as soon as possible.

"I promise hyung. Who else would I go to?.."

Jimin felt guilty for lying his hyung but he didn't want to be a burden to this man again. He had been depending so much on him eversince he got the job. Maybe they wouldn't meet again. Jimin was sure he's going to this man so much.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

He came out of another shop disappointed. It was really hard to find even a cleaning job without a high school graduate. This had been his routine for last week and a half. He sneaked out of his appartment early in the morning in order to avoid his land lord. Then he would wander around the city whole day to find a job. When it was midnight he sneaked in to his room. He had no idea how he's gonna pay his rent. So only thing he could do was to avoid his land lord in all the cost.

He survived almost two weeks with his saved money but if he couldn't find a job this week he has no choice but sell himself.

He had been avoiding grumpling symphony of his stomach for a quite a long time. It's not even luch time.. why are you grampling.... What could he expect when he skipped more than four meals. He felt his legs begging him to give up and sit down. But he had another whole street to cover. Just for another few hours... then we could buy atleast a snack packet.

It looked like if his body was not listening to him. No one listen to him. He knew he must be looking like a drunken teenager. His legs were threatening to give up. His body was soaked in sweat.

"Boy. are you okay?"

Jimin smiled. Someone was worrying about him but when he looked up his smile disappeared and replaced with a horrified expression.

"I.. I'm alright.. "  Jimin stuttered and turned away from the policeman but his body was not helping at all. No he should get away somehow.

"You don't look alright. Let me help you"

"No no let me go.. I don't want to come with you"

Policeman looked like he couldn't understand what he did to cause the boy to break down but he couldn't let him go too.

"Let me help you."

"No.. don't touch me.."

Jimin felt his legs weakenig but he can't fall down now. Not in to devil's hands. He should get away. He knew what this policeman was looking for and he would not give up so soon. But his body had another plans.

The policeman quickly held him from falling. Jimin could only close his eyes pray and  everything would be alright.