“What happened to your arm?” I ask, alarmed

“I kept chewing on it with anxiety,” Angelina smiles a bit “The healer patched it up lest I ate it.”

That startles a laugh out of me and I decide to drop the subject for now. All that matters now is that I’m home and Angelina is okay and everything is going to be fine now.

“Did Alpha Luke find you?” She asks, letting me lean against her as we walk inside the gates

I shake my head, instantly straighter “Why? Where is he?”

“Goldstein sent a note,” She tells me “It said she’s going to make you confess something. He went looking for you.”

I sigh “Lets call him and give him an earful about how to be heroic.”

Angelina chuckles “Yeah, lets go do that.”

“What do you mean you cant reach them?”

I’m in the pack infirmary, despite my insistence that I’m fine and surprise, surprise, my in-laws actually came to see if I’m fine.

Though it seems, I am not fine.

“Luke and Casper took off in the middle of last night,” Alpha Jax tells me “Without telling me where they’re going and they’re too far from here for anyone to use the mind link.”

“They aren’t picking up their phones either.” Beta female Clara says

“They might be at the meeting by now.” Beta Drake says

“Meeting?” I cant breathe

“Goldstein called all the Alphas of the continent to meet at her pack, to prove Luke isn’t fit for the title.”
Alpha Jax says

I hold my head in my hands. No, no, no.

“I have to go,” I stand up, feeling dizzy “I have to stop them from going.”

“Elise, sweetie, what are you—” Mom tries to make me sit again

“She’s going to kill them!” I pull away from her, breathing shallow “She was saying how she’s going to kill all of them, then every other Alpha in the lands! It’s a damn trap!”

My vision swims slightly, and I cant seem to breathe.

I have to go.

I have to get him back.

Alpha Jax grabs me by the arms when I make it towards the door.

“Let me go!” I trash against his hold, baring my teeth

“Snap out of it,” He shakes me, once, as if trying to knock some sense into me “Luke is not a child. He will not be squashed down like a toy. You have to trust him.”

“But he doesn’t know!” I push his arms away, my eyes stinging “I cant just sit here and wait for her to try and kill him!”

“Just like Luke didn’t wait for you to come back on your own!” He yells back at me “And look how that turned out!”

We glare at each other, both breathing heavily. My eyes are burning with withheld tears.

“Out.” I grit my teeth

“What?” Beta Drake stares at me like I’ve grown horns

“Get out!” I fling a finger towards the door “All of you! Leave me the hell alone!”

Alpha Jax opens his mouth to say something but Luna puts a hand on his shoulder, and motions him to come out. Huffing, he stompts out. Everyone else follows.

I slump down on the hospital bed, holding my head in my hands.

“Elise, love, he’s going to be okay.” Mom whispers, soothing my hair back while tears drips on my lap

“And if he isn’t?” the tremble in my voice has nothing to do with mistrust and everything to do with fear “Mom, I’m not, I’m not strong like you.”

She sucks in a sharp breath, I feel her arm wrap around my trembling shoulders “You wont have to be.”

I press my wet eyes close and swallow through my parched throat.

He’s going to be fine, I think those words so vehemently, it feels like I’m shouting them. He has to be.

Please comment and vote!