NEW. 61. In honor and blood

Start from the beginning

Leon nods "Not many, but they are very well guarded."

"I suspect she's keeping her in one of them until she brings her wherever it is she wants to declare my position unstable." I tell them, looking around the room "I want you to search for her in those hideouts."

A rounds of nods. Leon puts a fist over his heart.

"We will bring the Luna Supreme back to you, Alpha." He dips his head "We owe her our lives."

I raise an eyebrow. He offers me a fierce smile.

"We are not idiotic enough to imagine you changed your mind over night." He says "We are indebted to her, in honor and blood."

"I will come along to search." I swallow whatever emotion tries to surface, swallow the need to shift and tear the world apart for my mate

"Luke," Casper's hand falls on my shoulder "You need to see this."

He holds up his phone, a message illuminating on it.

"Zoya Goldstein challenges Alpha Luke Winters' right to the title. She invites all Alphas of the continent to gather at the temple of moonshire in her pack territory, tomorrow at dawn to see the proof of his unfitness."

"That woman sure is dramatic." Casper puts his phone back in his pocket

I feel unnervingly still, almost detached from my own body, whirling through the thoughts in my head.

"Alpha?" Leon looks at me

"Go," I tell them all "Start the search. If you find her, get her back. I don't care who you have to kill for it. Get her back."

I don't mention what to do if they don't find her. The table groans under my hands and I realize I've dented the heavy wood with claw marks.

The warriors filter out of the room, I distantly hear Leon barking orders.

"This message probably reached every Alpha in the continent." Casper says "They're going to start contacting soon, asking what the hell this is."

He turns his gaze to me "What do we do now?"

I feel like it would be a wholly bad idea if I flipped the table over. Even a minute kind of chaos would probably tear through every barrier I have put on my instinct.

"Call them," I tell my Beta, an inkling of a plan forming at the back of my mind "I want all of them in this room before mid-night."

"And if they contact Goldstein and tell her?" Williams asks

I feel my finger dig deeper in the wood "She wont care. She thinks she has the upper hand right now and I'm only drawing at straws."

They both nod, leaving me alone in the room with thoughts that threaten to swallow the calm I've conjured up.

I cant seem to bend my knees to sit, I let the stillness wash over me, over the creature that prowlers beneath my skin, over every rash desire to murder the woman who's taken my Luna from me, over every horrible thought that threatens to enter my head.