Chapter 6 - Brothers

Shoto carried Midoriya to his room. Midoriya had passed out, but that was normal for personal blood donors. The others would only cut their palms to give blood. In terms of how much blood they give in one sitting, they only give about one or two percent of their blood.

Midoriya would give about thirty or forty percent each week. This was so Shoto wouldn't feed on him nightly and so Midoriya could also recover after each feeding. Shoto placed him in his bed and covered him up to keep him warm.

'He will need more Iron in him to help.' Shoto thought as he walked out. He then felt an arm go around his neck.

"So, my little brother will now be the new king." Touya said. Shoto smiled at him. He and his brother had a good relationship.

"That is right." Shoto said. Touya let him go and smiled.

"I'm proud of you." He said. Shoto gave a nod and walked with him.

"And father is proud of you." Shoto said. Touya shrugged.

"I don't deserve his approval though. I knew I wanted to protect our family, not rule over it." Touya said. Shoto looked at him.

"And you did that." Shoto said but touya was silent. Shoto could see he was thinking of that night again.

"It must be hard, to take life's like you have." Shoto said. Touya frowned, knowing what he meant. The whole Todoroki family knew what he meant. Touya gripped the handle to his silver sword tight. That night, he acted out without any orders. He did it to save his family and his kingdom. He had acted alone.

"It was hard, but it had to be done. The war was spilling into the mortals domain." Touya said, remembering that night.

"You will never have to deal with them. I have ended the war." Touya said. Shoto put a hand on his brothers shoulder.

"Touya. We all know the werewolfs were going to eventually attack the mortals. They wanted to starve us and to grow their numbers." Shoto said. Touya looked pissed.

"B-But how do we know for sure... I-I had to kill children... mothers..." Touya said and had tears.

"I-I wish father would have found me when I left. I wish I never had that thought or went through with it." Touya said. Shoto stopped and hugged him. Touya hugged back.

"You did what was needed to be done." Shoto said, remembering when Touya came back that night, right before sunrise, covered in the blood of their enemy. Enji didn't say anything to him, only walked up to him, ripping off a sleeve of his Yukata and started to clean him.

Enji knew Touya would never forgive himself for killing the werewolf clan, wiping them from the face of the earth.

Shoto pulled back, looking into his bothers blue eyes.

"You need not worry brother about the past. Whats done is done." Shoto says and smiles.

"Now, How about I go with you to feed?" Shoto asked. Touya gave a sad chuckle and wiped his eyes.

"Yes, but since you can not, may I have yours?" He asked. Shoto gave a small laugh.

"Yes." He says and together, they walk, not aware of Enji, who was listening.

"My love?" Rei asked as she saw Enji. He looked at her, before looking away. She walked up to him.

"I know this look. Touya was talking about that night, wasn't he?" She asked. Enji gave a nod. She placed a hand on his cheek and Enji looked into her eyes.

"My love. What he did was sad, yes, but it insured our future. Our childrens future." She said. Enji put his hand on hers, moving it down and he kissed her wrist.

"I know, But if i had given him the order, the burden would be on me, not him." Enji said. Rei had tears and moved, hugging her husband.

"I feel as if I have failed him." Enji said as he hugged her back. Rei shook her head.

"No, He would not have done that if he did not wish to protect us." Rei said. Enji smiled and pulled back, lifting her chin and kissed her.

"You always know what to say." He says. Rei smiled, kissing him again, holding him tight.