- ➴ Ch 27 : To you, years later

⌢ : ♡ ⤹ ぃ ゚

⌢ : ♡ ⤹ ぃ ゚. ﹏﹏﹏

Years later.

I'm happy now.

I was living a life I had longed for growing up, a life I kept telling myself wasn't possible. At times I would sit back and reflect on my life, and notice that I was being manipulated and emotionally abused by an organization that didn't care about me, a place where I would've died for sure in. I had fought so hard, and cried so much, there were times where I felt like life wasn't worth living, days where I tried so hard to hold on, asking myself, 'Are you happy?'  I felt so pathetic, I couldn't even answer my own question, was I really happy, or was I just doing things to fill the void of just wanting to be happy.

Of course I was happy.

I had someone who was willing to put their life on the line for me, someone who didn't care about how I looked or how I acted, they loved me for me. They opened my eyes and made me see things and feel things that I never knew were possible. I never understood the fact that I let myself be held down for so long, I had to wake up and find my own voice.

So when the question arises, I'll always be able to answer it with a smile.

I AM happy.

This was for her.

That dream was for them.

My future resides now in my two beautiful children, who I entrust to be able to speak up for themselves. I vow to live a life that mean't that they got to be free, no matter what. Was raising them difficult? Of course. Was it worth it? Why wouldn't it be? Everything I did now was for them, so they could find their own happiness and feel confident in what they chose to do with their own lives when I'm no longer here.

I put my all into it, and I sure as hell wasn't about to give up.

I did this for my mom, I did the things that she was never able to do for her children, so that she could smile down at me and be happy that I was able to free myself and my family from the shackles that held it down. I did it so that her death wasn't in vain, so that her death meant something.  I do the things that she wasn't able to do with her kids, with my own, and I remind them to be strong for someone who always felt like they weren't.

I did this for Kaito, I did it for the lost childhood we had. I made sure my children did the things we had always wanted to do as kids. I see us in them, so I do things for us. I make sure that they share a bond that we had when we were younger, I make sure that they have each other's backs. I promise to never leave them in times of need, to be there, and teach them to forgive but never forget. I tell them our stories, as I promise to not let Kaito die in vain.