- ➴ Ch 8 : Confession

⌢ : ♡ ⤹ ぃ ゚

⌢ : ♡ ⤹ ぃ ゚. ﹏﹏﹏

"Did you enjoy sitting with him?" Scaramouche asked in a clearly upset tone.

As I shut the door to his room I looked at him very annoyed.

"Why does it even matter? You watched the whole time which means you heard everything." I snapped back.

He simply went up to me and grabbed my face, forcing me to look at him. I could tell that he was not amused and clearly was pissed off. His anger didn't phase me though, as I was just as upset as he was.

"Need I remind you that he is in trouble with the head of the Fatui?"

All I could do was stare at him, watching as his facial expressions changed slowly after awhile. I began to feel a little bit intimidated until he finally let me go. Scaramouche was never the type to physically hurt or hit a woman, but in that moment I actually feared that he was going to do the worst.

He let out a long sigh before sitting down at his desk, his head in his hand.

"Do you have feelings for him?"

I was at a loss for words.

"No! I don't like Childe! He's just my friend, where is this coming from?"

He didn't say a word, instead he just made a soft humming noise and continued to shuffle his papers. Although he seemed calm, I definitely was not. He was acting like a shy, angry child, and his actions were certainly starting to tire me. Scaramouche wasn't as easy to read, but his emotions were easy to detect.

I walked over to his desk and slammed my hand down in front of him, gaining his attention. I stared dead at him, indicating that I was serious and that this behavior was going to end.

"Scaramouche, we're adults now, if you have feelings for me just admit them! Stop acting like a child."

He paused for a bit and a tiny blush spread across his face. I was scared for his answer, scared that I had been taking everything the wrong way and that he didn't even like me at all. I began to regret even bringing this up, wanting to retract my hand from the table and just run.

"Y/N I-"

"Look just—Just calm down. I don't have feelings for him, and even if I did it seems as if he has feelings for someone else."

His expression softened and he leaned back in his chair.

"Let's talk about it in the morning, I'm tired."

I slowly nodded and ran up to him to hug him. Everything was so overwhelming and stressful that I felt as if he really needed that hug. His arms awkwardly lingered around me before he wrapped them around me, squeezing my waist oh so tight.

After two minutes we finally let go and I left for my room. Ever since Childe's capture and return everything was stressful and tiring. Everyone was on  edge and alert for anything he might pull, including me.