- ➴ Ch 12 : Escape

⌢ : ♡ ⤹ ぃ ゚

⌢ : ♡ ⤹ ぃ ゚. ﹏﹏﹏

:Three weeks later:

It was a quiet night, nothing being heard but quiet mumbling and snores as everyone in the Palace slept, everyone but me.

I couldn't sleep for anything, maybe it was scaramouche's snoring, or because I was hearing noises from outside, or just because my body was way too awake to wind down, but I just couldn't fall asleep. I stared up at the moon, watching as the clouds would occasionally cover it, hiding itself from the world.

Maybe a brief walk would clear my mind, easing any troubles I had from the day. I sat up slowly, careful not to wake Scaramouche up. Although he was a heavy sleeper, he did have his moments where he would randomly wake up from the slightest noise. After realizing that it wasn't one of those moments I got up fully, slipping on my slippers and quietly exiting the room.

After a bit of walking, I finally reached the outdoor walkway and felt the nightly breeze blow on me harshly, showing how cold it was. I shivered, wrapping my arms around myself as I pressed myself to continue on. Maybe this brisk air would cause me to become tired, and I would be asleep in no time.

After walking into the courtyard, I sat down on one of the benches and watched as the ocean waves violently crash onto the shore. I sat in tranquility, more peaceful than tiring. I took in a deep breath and took in the night scene before me, feeling calm. As I tried to enjoy the scene, a small rock hit the ground, causing me to look up almost instantly. My instincts kicking in, just in case I had to fight.

I never was usually this tense while going on walks, but anything could happen. Just when I thought it was okay to let my guard down, someone sneezed, and I jumped up, a branch in hand.

"Show yourself!"

Without hesitation, a woman with blonde hair, with exotic clothes approached me, her sword drawn as if she were waiting to kill me. I gasped, realizing the person before me and backed up, slightly panicking as this was the first time encountering her.

"Lumine!?" I said in shock.

"How do you know m—"

I suddenly drew my sword from the ground, drawing it as I pointed it towards her. She obviously took my presence as a threat and scowled.

"Why are you here? This is the Fatui Palace!"

She continued to point her sword towards me, our weapons crossing paths as we stood in defense, both ready to strike, but the question is..who would win first?

"I know where I am. Where is childe?"

"I hope you know I'm the 7th of the eleven Fatui Harbingers, I am not afraid to kill you where you stand."