- ➴ Ch 25 : Home

⌢ : ♡ ⤹ ぃ ゚

⌢ : ♡ ⤹ ぃ ゚. ﹏﹏﹏

A month l8ter

After finally reaching Mondstadt and getting our civilian documentation, I finally felt like I was able to breath. Everyday felt new and refreshing, a breath of fresh air. I felt more willing to do things and everyday always contained some kind of adventure, it was something that the hard work paid off for. After that, we all were given 20,000 mora to start our lives, in which Scaramouche and I took to immediately get a home. We had decided to get a house near the main square of Mondstadt just to experience what it felt like to live in a place that always had something going on everyday.

Often, there'd be street vendors, or small parties on the main square, which made everything so lively in the day. He and I had ended up opening a
kite shop , and although it took awhile to kick off, it was finally a place where kids in Mondstadt often visited because they had never really seen one. Their smile on their faces reminded me of the joy the kite lady I had growing up brought me. I couldn't help but see myself and my brother in them, watching as they all crowded around to get a kite.

It brought me happiness, and I would often find myself remembering those memories I used to have. Although I wasn't a kid anymore, I promised myself to give them the same joy I did as a kid.

Living in Mondstadt felt like a dream you never wanted to wake up from, It was lively and inviting and had opportunities for days. Childe and Lumine ended up joining the Knights of Favonius, so they were often busy and rarely stopped to chat. They insisted on getting a house next to us, and we all ended up becoming close again. We had promised to protect each other and make sure that we were always okay. Although we had bonded off a traumatic experience, it was what made us more connected and family-like.

We were finally living the life we were dreaming of.

「❀」

After a long afternoon of running the Kite shop, I decided to head to the fruit vendor next door, suddenly craving some Apples. The old lady lit up when she saw me and scurried over to greet me, handing me a basket to carry any fruits I was going to buy.

"Ah Y/N! How are you!" She exclaimed.

I smiled and bowed slightly in greeting.

"Hello Ms. Hu, I'm just here for some apples."

"Oh, right over here!"

Without hesitation, she quickly shuffled over to her apple stand, showing off her fine selections of apples. In all honesty, she wasn't lying when she said she had beautiful looking apples, because they were gorgeous and ripe. It was hard for me to even pick because of how delicious they all looked, and often picked one up just to put it down and pick another.  After a bunch of indecisive looking I finally settled on 5 delicious looking apples and checked out quickly before I was tempted to buy anything else.