Chapter 3

Please read A/N at end >.<

B R U T A L I T Y

Chapter 3

7 Years Ago. . . (Age 13)

Jumping at the sound of a door being slammed shut, I heard a frustrated sigh echo from the front door, footsteps padding against the tan wood flooring; however, they soon came to a stop.

"Are you sure? I mean, don't you think she's a bit young?" A muffled voice asked rhetorically, staying quiet for a few seconds before speaking again. "I understand, I just think that she shouldn't be involved with this considering that— alright, alright, I'll tell her; If she explodes and doesn't talk to me after I'm blaming you."

Soon the footsteps padded across the floor again, stopping in the archway of the living room. He looked up from his phone, a shocked, almost bewildered expression on his face.

"Aaand you just heard all that didn't you?" He asked me and I raised a brow, crossing my arms over my chest. "Listen I wanted to tell you at some point but I just think that now is not the right time considering you're..."He gestured his hands towards me. "going through all of this teenage stuff."

I scoffed rolling my eyes. "You're kidding me." Then gave him a flat look when I knew he was about to make up some rediculous excuse. "Just tell me what your 'friend' wanted you to tell me."

With a sigh, he walked over to the couch where I was sat, sitting on the other side of the L-shaped sofa, placing his head in his hands.

"Shit this is serious isn't it?"I asked, shuffling forward in my seat to be facing him completely.

"Language." He scolded, then after a few seconds looked up at me, hands clasped together in his lap. "Yes, this is very important and I need you to pay close attention, okay?"

I nodded.

"It's about your parents."

"Mommy! Mommy!"

"To be more specific, about what they did and who they were."

"Mommy! Daddy! Help!"

"They were hunters."

I screamed, my parents came rushing out with guns and knives, preparing to attack the animal.

"Werewolf hunters."

I almost saw some kind of humanity, some kind of sympathy, kindness...

"The committee wants to recruit you, they think that since it was in your parents background, not only that but ancestral background, that maybe you'd want to follow in your families footsteps. The Grey family line is one of the strongest to exist and the elders would consider it a shame to end now." He explained.

"What are you exactly trying to say?" I asked with furrowed brows, tears grazing my eyes.

"We want you to join us, to help avenge the lives that have been lost and protect civilians from the bloodthirsty beasts." He said. "Are you in or out?"

I thought about it for a moment, knowing all of this information that fictional beasts were in fact real, and were the ones that killed my parents, had me decide that I had to avenge them; somehow.

"I'm in."

. . .5 Years Ago (Age 15). . .

Breathing heavy, perspiration dripping down my face, my arms and legs moved forcefully against the punching bag, feet hardly touching the ground through every punch, kick and dodge I made. The loud, motivating music blasting through my earphones made me work harder, faster, smarter every second compared to the last.