IX. Melissa

...................(Melissa)..............
"Here, let me help you." The little Reyver said and helped me up. That's all it takes to fall in love.

He probably helped a lot, too, but... we would always see each other in unexpected places. Even our family knows each other. We have been here at M.U High since we were five, and, yes, I have liked him since then.

Through the years, I think what I have for him is just some puppy love, but... I'm skeptical.

Maybe his my intense love. All those years that I've chased him, I regretted one thing—not having some time for myself to make friends.

Then here, I met Chelsea. I thought she was some thief since I don't have a roommate since I started high school.

"Melissa!" I looked at the person who had called me. I knew it was Chelsea's voice, but my gaze stuck on the girl beside her.

"Who?" I asked, pointing at that girl.

"This is Vanessa. And Vanessa, this is Melissa." Chelsea introduced ohh.

The next I went to my class, daggers. And well, That Vanessa is here too.

"So, you're in daggers too?" I asked and raised her a brow. Let's see how brave you are.

"Daggers, partner up! It's time for the duel!" Captain Steph said.

"You'll be my partner. Gray, I'll be partnering with Vanessa!" I exclaimed with my past duel partner.

I did that all to Vanessa cause I feel like she will take Chelsea from me. I instantly feel guilty. I noticed that she's just like me, who found coziness and ease with Chelsea.

Having friends too didn't stop me from chasing Reyver. They're my supporters.

When I cried because of Reyver, Lucas heard it all. He was the only one I could get strength. I felt so weak and so hurt, that day became a blur.

Even before I got bullied because of Reyver, I kept on pursuing him no matter how hard it was for me.

After I confronted Lucas, I decided.

I'm tired.

I'm tired of being the one who chases after someone who's hurting me. That's idiotic stuff.

I've been that since day one, and maybe it's time for me to stop. Step by step, slowly. I have lots of time to do it.

"I have good news~" I barged in. Week!

"What news?" Vanessa ask. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

"I entered our names in the pageant!" I exclaimed.

Then, these crazy people chased me! I didn't do it for myself! What's fun if you're going to sulk?!

Duh, you only live once... but then, you go to many different schools.

While you're here or at some other school, make memories and have fun with the people you love.

A forgotten memory resurfaces when you see the place engraved in your heart.

Being with Chelsea and Vanessa had been a blast! They're like a gift given from above for us to meet. And we even get to meet Quintin, Caleb, and Shaun.

"Hey, Shaun. Let's get to practicing!"  I exclaimed. This guy is so out of focus!

"Can you wait?! I'm coming!" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Can't you come any faster!" I prolonged. I feel comfortable talking and being with Shaun. He's like a sibling, Hahahaha.

"What's love, in your perspective?" Chelsea questioned. We went here to the training room because our source (Caleb) said that they'd be a thunderstorm, and there was.

"Love is the feeling you are supposed to give and have some in return," I said. I didn't mean to sound so bitter. But it's somewhat true, you know! But you could never force love.

"Let's go!" We all exclaimed as we went to the beach. That time I had fun, and it was a very memorable day for all of us. But seeing Reyver still hurts but... slowly. Slowly, I won't longer chase him.

Maybe his harsh words were like a wake-up call for me. I'm glad, though.

We gathered in Avitrin Woods before Christmas break.

"Oh, I knew we'd all go home to visit our families—-" I said, but Chelsea cut me off.

"I'm not going home," I looked at Chelsea. Why?

"Why aren't you going home?" Quintin questioned first. Her head was down and not looking at any of us.

"I just don't want to," I raised her a brow. Really? I know there's something more to it.

"Ahmm, why don't we have an exchange gift?!" I exclaimed since everyone became quiet and lessened the awkwardness in the air.

And Vanessa, as always, has it ready.

"Mother!" I yelled as soon as I stepped into our house.

"I'm home~" I prolonged and hugged her.

"Melissa, you're here! I miss you! How are you? Are you doing okay?" I chuckled at her cause it feels like she rapped that all just now.

"Don't worry, mother. I'm fine and doing better!" I then saluted.

"I'm going to my room," I started and brought my things.

"The F*ck!" I frown. What is he doing here?!

I took one of my big pillows and banged it to his stupid face!

"What are you cursing about, huh?!" I exclaimed as I kept hitting him with my pillow.

"Sis! Sis! Stop! Stop!" I battered him this time. What's wrong with this guy?!

"What are you doing in my room, jerk?!" I said and stopped since my shoulder hurts already.

He smirked. "I'm getting the bed ready for you,"  I flicked his forehead.

"Go away already!" I exclaimed and took my things near the door.

"How's Reyver, sis?" I rolled my eyes at his question.

I faced him. "Oh, your twin is better as always," I said. Yes, they're twins. They're both jerks, that's why.

My jerk of a brother is fond of Reyver, for I don't know the reason. We spent Christmas with our whole family, and it was fun!

I bought a lot of gifts too. I'm not comfortable buying many gifts since I only buy three gifts every year. But, oh, well, I bought all 8 of the facilities.

"Be a good girl, okay?" Maihem said and rubbed my hair.

"Goodbye, brother!" I exclaimed and went my way into M.U High again.

It's overwhelming having so many gifts too.

I opened my gifts in my dorm room. Chelsea probably went somewhere again.

I got hat, a bracelet, and lipstick! Chelsea has outstanding gifts! That's a sarcastic statement.

Oh, what's this? It's like a paper flower! I observed it more. Oh, it has an opening!

I'll support you in anything that makes you happy.

Oh, I'm getting emotional! I'm going to hug Chelsea when she gets back later!

Anything that makes me happy?

There's a lot that makes me happy. But I also want that certain someone to be one of those.

———————MissKjj07——————11/9/21