II. Vanessa

"Hoo, I won!" Some guy shouted. I saw Chelsea fly and went to those men.

Chelsea floated the man who yelled and let him fall to the ground. That man looks powerful too.

"Ohh, you look familiar, m'lady." I'm locked in his gaze; he recognizes me! The chocolate-colored eyes!

"So, who won!?" My gazes went to the one who had just appeared in front of us. Who is he?

Melissa and I are at Chelsea's side.

"Do you know what's going on?" I heard Melissa whisper to Chelsea. Why are they here?

"Locke Quintin Mist!" Chelsea yelled.

"M'lady, Chels!? What are you doing here?" He stepped back in surprise to see us here. I didn't know what happened, but all I know is we chased them for I don't see the reason is!

"We never had a chance to introduce ourselves. I'm Caleb Vin, m'ladies," introduced the chocolate eyes man, panting. So, his name is Caleb.

I like his name.

"Why did you chase us?!" The other guys said—seated in the grass. He has fern weirdly green hair and wheat-colored eyes as well.

"Because you guys also run!" Chelsea answered, and all of them just laughed.

"Okay~ I'm Shaun Ran, m'ladies." The man stated and kissed our hands. Okay.

"Anyway, Chels, what are you and your friends doing here by yourselves?" That Quintin ask.

We went together as much as I wanted to talk to Caleb.

"I won't tell anyone!" I stated without even looking at him. He's right beside me.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to!" I exclaimed again. It's so embarrassing! But instead, I heard a chuckle, and he looked cute!

"Oh, sorry. You're being funny. No, it's okay." He said, oh? Is he not mad?

"Are you sure? If it were me, I would have gotten mad." I said, well, it's true.

"Nah, it's okay," Then he smiled.

After that, yes, they asked us one by one to be their partners for the pageant, and I'm happy. I like Caleb, and I realized that we were practicing together for the pageant. It's not just his kind but his so lovable in my eyes. Then there is the time we all spent the night in the training room.

"What's love, in your perspective?" Chelsea's question caught me off guard.

"There are different kinds of love, and the right ones will always give that back to you," I said, hoping he could see this love of mine.

I want to love him. Then that day;

"Hey, m'lady. Are you okay? Why don't we take a break?" He asked; we're about to finish the final steps for our dance in the pageant's talent portion. Why do they have talent portions!? I hate it!

Waaaa!

I slipped! I closed my eyes expecting to feel the ground on my back... but—I felt none!

"You okay?" I opened my eyes. It's Caleb! He caught me! As I saw those chocolate eyes, I could see different emotions, which made my heart beat like crazy as I could feel something in my belly. What's this feeling?

Yes, I didn't fall.

But... I fell for him instead.

I always make plans, I always have itineraries, and I'm always ready.

But... I never planned to fall in love with him, and I wasn't ready for the circumstances of it.

But... as fast as I've fallen for him, Christmas came.

I'm on my way home.

"Mom, I'm home," I stated as I went inside; I'm sure they were preparing for the tree.

"Ohh, sweetie, you're home! How are you?!" Mom exclaimed and quickly went to me.

"I'm okay, mom," I said.

We're waiting for Christmas to arrive with my grandparents and cousins. Since my dad died, they would spend every Christmas here. I hope mom isn't that depressed because I'm away too. I'm the only girl, and I'm certainly not spoiled.

We would go shopping, go to amusement parks and do what we always do, even if it was us two. There's nothing you could do when one of your loved ones dies, and there's none. All you could do was cry and miss them.

I don't know about Clyde, but he didn't go home. He still believes it was his fault that dad died. He was always at school and never went home, even during summer breaks. I'm worried about him, but I hate him even more.

Our break is at its end. So I had to go back to school. I received a lot of gifts from my friends, and I delivered them first to my dorm cause I had to do something.

I went to his office—- Clyde's. I didn't knock, and I just went to him. I slapped him hard!

"When will you stop this childish act!" I yelled.

"The f*cK! What do you think you're doing?!" He shrieked.

"Serves you right, jerk!" I exclaimed and threw my gift for him and mom's letter.

"Do you know how hurt mom is because of your doings?! Don't act mature just because you're older than me!" I stated and went out of there. Clyde is much older than my big brother, but he never acts his age. I hate that trait of his, and I hate it!

To ease and calm my mind, I went to open my gifts. I opened the first seven, and I got some books, journals, and dresses. I opened Chelsea's gift, it's a shawl, and I like the color too! It's gray! She must have remembered my favorite color.

What's this?

It's some paper! I took it.

It's a paper flower, and it looks cute. I could see an opening, so I opened it.

There's nothing wrong with being scared of some things.

Will I be able to concur with my fear of falling deeply in love with him then?

But I already lost. I lost because of the same reason.

I know I'll hurt a lot, but... loving him from afar hurts more than I've expected.

Especially now, I can't see him even if I wanted to.

I went back to the place I first met Caleb. I looked around, and... there's a—-gravestone.

➰➰➰
Sofiah Peace Ran
19xx-20xx
May you rest in peace, my baby
my princess
my darling
my sister

No way! Don't tell me it's his sister! But—- her surname is Ran? Caleb's surname is Vin. Who could she be?

—————-—MissKjj07–————-10/18/21