I. Vanessa

................... (Vanessa)..................
I'm holding Van in my arms, looking around in some forest I discovered.

It would be a great place to spend my time. I lay within the grasses, looking at the trees everywhere. Our canceled Instinct class is an excellent help. All I enjoy is fighting holograms in that class anyway.

Everybody also looks at me as the kind type, well, I am, only to certain people.

My rest got disturbed as I heard sobs not far from where I was. Crying---who might it be?

I stood up and looked for it. I'm not familiar with this place but there... I saw someone in a gazebo.

Wow! A gazebo in a middle of a beautiful garden! Just wow!

The leaves sway, syncing with the movement of the wind. The natural colors of the flowers are so soft and vibrant to the eyes.

But I stopped admiring the place as I saw someone, all I could see was its hair. It has brown hair with yellow roots. I'm curious who it is. I stepped towards the sound of sobbing. But, I was surprised when someone just stood up and looked at me.

Those chocolate-colored eyes. Those eyes that wear tears and fear, I couldn't take it, so I wiped the tears in that guy's eyes and his pain too if I could.

That guy seemed to be surprised. He looked at me with wide eyes. I blinked a couple of times. What did I do?! I quickly ran out of there!

I can't believe it! My gosh! I went back to M.U High; good thing I didn't get lost.

What was I doing?! I just met that guy! And I said what?! I want to get his pain, too, if I can?! Waa! Snap out of it, Vanessa!

But those chocolate eyes hold something much more profound.

"Ouch!" I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard that. It's Chelsea, and she's my training partner now.

"Hey, Chelsea. Are you okay?" I asked. She seemed to have sprained her ankle. I ordered Van to fly and get some herbs to help Chelsea.

Chelsea's personality never ceases to amaze me, and she could be herself as much as she likes.

"It'll help you, okay? Let's go." I said and helped her up.

"Hey, it reminds me. We're in the same class at this hour. Where were you?" She asked as I held her shoulder for support.

"H-huh?" I stammered; I remembered that guy again!

"I'll just pretend that you didn't just stammer?" She said and laughed at me, and I felt like my face reddened from the bashfulness I was feeling.

Why did I remember that guy of all time!

"You know, we can be friends," I looked at her. Friends?

After that, Chelsea and I practiced. I was surprised when she would tell me to eat with them. I feel like I don't belong.

The next day, I went to my weapons classes, daggers.

Oh? Is she here too? That Melissa, Chelsea introduced.

"So, you're in daggers too?" She exclaimed with an eyebrow raised. What's her problem?

"Daggers, partner up! It's time for the duel!" Our Captain said, and I'm supposed to find a partner, but—-

"You'll be my partner. Gray, I'll be partnering with Vanessa!" Melissa exclaimed to probably her previous partner. In daggers, we always have duels, one will go toward the platform on the target board, and the other should shoot the daggers towards the platform without touching the other person. Yes, it's pretty dangerous. Our blades have a special foam attached to them; a sticky foam.

I'm the first one to shoot, Melissa's in the target. I hit three of my daggers, and it all stuck to the platform.

Melissa's next. I'm standing at the target.

With every dagger she threw, I could feel so much magic and emotions. Is she angry?

I could feel the last dagger coming, but of course, I shouldn't dodge it. I almost lost my strength when that dagger went next to my head, and it was full of emotions. I could feel it.

I stepped out of the platform and faced Melissa.

"If you're that angry, why let it out on me?" I asked; she's way too much.

"Cause you're the one I'm angry at!" She shrieked. Me?

"What did I ever do to you?" I asked again, I don't even know her that much, but she's mad at me?

"It's because Chelsea's my friend; you're stealing her from me!" I sarcastically laughed; because of Chelsea?

I looked at her, bored. "You're childish thinking that. Chelsea isn't even my friend." I stated and went out. Childish.

I want to get back to the place where I went last time, but—-

"Vanessa!" Someone called me. I looked at it, and it was Melissa. What does she want now?

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to; it's just that Chelsea, my first friend here," She said shyly.

"Okay," I said and was about to go.

"Wait!" She called again.

"Do you want to be friends too?" Melissa smiled widely at me. Friends? Can I?

I didn't know what to answer, but I nodded. I want to have friends too.

"Common, I'll treat you to something delicious. It's my sorry gift!" She exclaimed and pulled me towards the cafeteria.

I enjoyed it. I enjoyed every moment I spent with Chelsea and Melissa. Those are when I feel happy; remembering it feels so special.

Melissa seems to be the type to push you to your limits. Like she's the one who says, "It's okay to go out of your comfort zone." It's not like it's a bad thing, though.

Through the days I was with them, I noticed I slowly opened myself up to them.

I didn't know how we became friends, but we did. I, Chelsea, and Melissa became close, but I still can't believe Melissa would write our names for the pageant! That girl!

"You what?!" Both Chelsea and I yelled.

We chased her, and we ended up in Avitrin Woods. It's the same forest I went to the other day.

Strong magic pushed us but fortunately, not that far. I didn't know what to do when I met that guy again.

Such an unexpected meeting.

———-———MissKjj07——————10/18/21